By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Live in Indiana? Give the gift of Abortion!

Jackson50 said:
vlad321 said:
Just an interesting observation pertaining to abortion, I'm also not generalizing here, or at least trying my best not to. The most interesting people I have noticed are the religious republicans here who will go on and on and on about how government should stay out of people's lives as much as possible, then you ask them about abortion and they do a complete 180 turn on you. Not saying everyone, just the ones that are like that are interesting.

That would be similar to accusing them of hypocrisy for opposing murder. They view abortion as murder and, therefore, the government has the duty to protect others (fetus) from harm. 

Abortion is a contentious issue because those who oppose abortion classify it as malum in se. Those who support it view it as a constitutional right. It makes compromise, which is what I advocate, an impossible goal.

Nowhere in the Const. does it mention abortion b/c if a woman was to get pregnant, she would be married first with consent of the father I might add.  Also, life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness rings a bell and unless you define abortion as fulfillment of happiness then there is a defining creed for life laid out by our founding fathers.

There is no compromise.  There is rational belief that our nation, founded on Judeo-Christian values, should be a shining city upon a hill not tarnished by the repercussions of immorality and lack of maturity of men and women.

Around the Network
halogamer1989 said:
Jackson50 said:
vlad321 said:
Just an interesting observation pertaining to abortion, I'm also not generalizing here, or at least trying my best not to. The most interesting people I have noticed are the religious republicans here who will go on and on and on about how government should stay out of people's lives as much as possible, then you ask them about abortion and they do a complete 180 turn on you. Not saying everyone, just the ones that are like that are interesting.

That would be similar to accusing them of hypocrisy for opposing murder. They view abortion as murder and, therefore, the government has the duty to protect others (fetus) from harm. 

Abortion is a contentious issue because those who oppose abortion classify it as malum in se. Those who support it view it as a constitutional right. It makes compromise, which is what I advocate, an impossible goal.

Nowhere in the Const. does it mention abortion b/c if a woman was to get pregnant, she would be married first with consent of the father I might add.  Also, life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness rings a bell and unless you define abortion as fulfillment of happiness then there is a defining creed for life laid out by our founding fathers.

There is no compromise.  There is rational belief that our nation, founded on Judeo-Christian values, should be a shining city upon a hill not tarnished by the repercussions of immorality and lack of maturity of men and women.

It's actually funny you should mention that...

I've always wondered how, if the fetus is property of the woman, why exactly does the man have zero say in what happens to that fetus?

Afterall, in a child support case, the man is always told, "You played, you pay".  In other words, you slept with her and made this kid, it's 50/50, so do your part. 

But if a woman wants to abort the baby and the man wants to keep it... the law says, "it's not yours to decide what happens to it".

Seems a little hypocritical to me.   She wants to keep the kid, and you don't, tough crap, open your wallet and pay up.  But if a man wants to keep the kid, and the woman doesn't, tough crap, the kid is getting terminated.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Comrade Tovya said:
halogamer1989 said:
Jackson50 said:
vlad321 said:

It's actually funny you should mention that...

I've always wondered how, if the fetus is property of the woman, why exactly does the man have zero say in what happens to that fetus?

Afterall, in a child support case, the man is always told, "You played, you pay".  In other words, you slept with her and made this kid, it's 50/50, so do your part. 

But if a woman wants to abort the baby and the man wants to keep it... the law says, "it's not yours to decide what happens to it".

Seems a little hypocritical to me.   She wants to keep the kid, and you don't, tough crap, open your wallet and pay up.  But if a man wants to keep the kid, and the woman doesn't, tough crap, the kid is getting terminated.

Feminism at it's finest!

If there was no abortion, there would be a lot more murders of pregnant women.

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

Moongoddess256 said:
If there was no abortion, there would be a lot more murders of pregnant women.

What are you talking about?  That doesn't even make any sense.

Since we are on the subject...

If the moon were made of cheese, there would be a lot more mice there.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Around the Network

It should make sense.

People do desperate things when they feel that their lives are about to be ruined.

halogamer1989 said:Nowhere in the Const. does it mention abortion b/c if a woman was to get pregnant, she would be married first with consent of the father I might add.  Also, life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness rings a bell and unless you define abortion as fulfillment of happiness then there is a defining creed for life laid out by our founding fathers. 

The Constitution may not mention abortion specifically, but that does not mean it is not guaranteed. There are many rights we are afforded by the Constitution that are not mentioned specifically.

Yes, I am aware that compromise is an unacceptable solution to you dominionists. It is unfortunate because I disagree, but I am not unrealistic in my expectations. 

Moongoddess256 said:
It should make sense.

People do desperate things when they feel that their lives are about to be ruined.

So you are saying the guy that had sex with the girl would kill her or she would commit suicide.

Sounds good to me. Survival of the fittest.

how is a guy killing a girl survival of the fittest? I wasn't implying suicide, but once again wtf? Aren't you in the hey don't kill the babies camp? Isn't that killing the baby?

Comrade Tovya said:It's actually funny you should mention that...

I think you are misinformed as to why a woman is guaranteed the right to an abortion. It does not mean the fetus is the property of the woman. The reasoning is that the state has a compelling interest to give precedence to the woman's right to privacy (which guarantees abortion) until the fetus is viable. A fetus does not violate a man's constitutional right.