By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2: Best reviewed game of all time

Killzone 2 will not sell more than Halo. I have no delusions about such a thing. I don't think anyone on this site would think that.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Around the Network
ultraslick said:
Killzone 2 will not sell more than Halo. I have no delusions about such a thing. I don't think anyone on this site would think that.

So ?? How will the success of KZ2 be evaluated ?

What about that Halo3-killer ?

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

I was a Killzone fanboy from the start :P

I've taken on Ronster's bet :D

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I'm looking forward to killzone 2, but I almost want it to fail.  Hate rabid fanboys.  Everything except mgs4  (even that to an extent...) has failed on the ps3 so far, so now the fanboys are latching on to this game because it's the only decent exclusive they have left.  Personally I doubt it will be as good, or as highly rated as gears 2.  We'll have to wait and see.

Around the Network

^Are you joking? Please tell me you're joking.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Sardauk said:

I can't wait to see the results guys ... Original Killzone was less than a million ?

Halo killer ? Didn't happen the first time ... so 8.5 millions to beat !

The IWBH effect is strong on this one and the pressure to deliver very high.

No PS3 Fanboys glorified B*llshit or metacritics or whatever.... only facts people...

->->->-> 8.5 Millions !!!!!

Because of the pathetic number of people that own a ps3 and actually buy games for it, i'd be willing to bet my life savings (if that were possible) that it won't get even remotely close to the sales of halo 3.  Anyone expecting it to is either a rabid fanboy or a moron.  Wait, same thing.  Seriously though, once its launched the only thing fanboys will talk about is the rating of the game, because the sales numbers are going to be much lower than they're claiming it will be right now.  R2 anyone?  That game sold way worse than I was expecting.  Before it came out people wern't hardly even talking about killzone.  Now R2 failed and it's all up to killzone I guess.

It has the graphics but um...does it have the gameplay?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Sardauk said:
ultraslick said:

So ?? How will the success of KZ2 be evaluated ?

What about that Halo3-killer ?

There won't ever be a Halo 3 killer unless some company did a rip-off of it but improved upon everything, making Halo 3 obsolete. KZ2 and Halo have different playstyles. KZ2 is aimed abit more at realism. I thought the idea of making it a sci-fi FPS without lasers and aliens was awesome. Halo 3 feels abit more casual - it's easier to jump into. It's a much more colorful game...not literally (but I guess it can be literal if you're comparing to KZ2's scenery), but the guns have alot more variety and functions.

A great-quality game can only be "killed" if another game with very similar style outperforms it in every way. I find KZ2's whole gameplay style and visuals more attractive, but that wouldn't stop me from buying Halo 2/3 if they were on PS3.

colonelstubbs said:
It has the graphics but um...does it have the gameplay?

Most of the people that played the SP/MP betas will give you a big yes. The insane amount of hype that the game's been getting is expected. The quality/gameplay of the full game is still questionable though.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Dgc1808 said:
Dgc1808 said:
Dgc1808 said:
Killzone2 will be SOOO awesome that 10 minutes b4 release Nintendo will explode and MS will send a letter to SONY saying "We Quit".

Killzone2 will be so awesome that President Obama himself will have atleast 300 hours of online play hours by July 09.

Killzone2 will be so awesome, Jupiter will be renamed Helghast 1 year after release to celebrate the game's 1 year anniversary.

Killzone2 will be so awesome, the European Government will donate 200 Billion dollars to Sony Computer Entertainment 1 week after the game releases in Europe.

4 ≈ One