By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Could Gen 7 be the first gen ever to have no new companys?

There are a couple of entrants to the console wars this gen

The Pandora by OpenPandora
the GP2XWiz by Gamepark Holdings
and the Zeebo by Tectoy

Around the Network

Well Tiger entered into the handheld race and look what happened ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

In order to enter the business and suceed the company has to give the gamer an incentive to buy their product and that would be games. And in order to get third party devs the incentive to develop a game for you you would need a gamer to buy your product. So basically you need a first party developing for you before you enter. or else your dead. and starting up a big enough first party seems hard and buying studios would be costly.

Any new launches of a console wouldn't happen before the beginning of 2010, otherwise you'd hear those new companies announce their products. By then, it would be the next gen.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Well never count out EA.

Around the Network
halogamer1989 said:
Well never count out EA.

EA would lose the NFL's stamp of approval if they tried to make Madden exclusive. That wouldn't be too good.

I'm surprised Samsung hasn't released a console yet. That could be very good.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

How you dare ? Mattel rejoined the industry this gen with the hyperscan (j/k )

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

you would need to have serious amount of moneys if you wanted to try and relinquish fanboys away from thier dearly beloved consoles.i know i for one would not flock to a new console next gen. as a business paln it doesnt semm to make sense to try and take on 3 huge mulitinational corperations.

SSBB Code: 5327-2374-8112

MKWii Code : 3780-9266-6102

CoD WaW Code: 1376-1190-5157

It seems like we've got our big juggernauts that will just sort of always be here.

Movies have Disney, Universal, and MGM

Cars have Honda and Ford

Games have Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."