By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Sony should leave console war and go third-party (for everyones' sake)

leo-j said:
I agree completely, Sony is holding the industry back, playstation was a terrible brand anyway.

Sarcasm? >_<

^_^

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Its not like the playstation brand made the industry what it is today, I wonder who came into the industry to stop playstation from expanding the gaming audience?

...You're right, it wasn't Sony who did that. Why would anyone suggest such a thing?

I think that Microsoft should exit, but in return Sony and Nintendo adopt the XBox 360 OS and Live.

It is really Microsoft that does not belong making hardware. Sony and Nintendo are good at it. But Microsoft has the best OS and best online experience through software.

That way, you could buy a Sony or Nintendo box, and still play Gears, Halo, Resistance, Drake, Mario and Zelda on one box where MS gets money from the Games, the OS, and Live, and Sony and Nintendo make money through games and hardware.

@NeoRatt

You do know why Microsoft entered the industry in the first place?

mM

I agree, Sony should stop trying to match the massive success that is the Xbox, and accept that they will never be successful.

Around the Network

Sony is killing gaming!

leo-j said:
@NeoRatt

You do know why Microsoft entered the industry in the first place?

Because Sony's slow growth towards turning the Playstation into a PC posed a serious potential threat to the Windows monopoly.

NeoRatt said:
I think that Microsoft should exit, but in return Sony and Nintendo adopt the XBox 360 OS and Live.

It is really Microsoft that does not belong making hardware. Sony and Nintendo are good at it. But Microsoft has the best OS and best online experience through software.

That way, you could buy a Sony or Nintendo box, and still play Gears, Halo, Resistance, Drake, Mario and Zelda on one box where MS gets money from the Games, the OS, and Live, and Sony and Nintendo make money through games and hardware.

oh yes...i forgot how reliable the ps1 and ps2 were.....  it took them 3 tries and microsoft 1.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Nice dream, but it wont ever happen

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

PS4 will do much better......CMON. It'l B cheap, powerful and launch will gr8 games. Sony as a whole still make profit so they wont stop as their "pockets get deeper."