By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - so the wii was a revolution after all

Chrizum said:
leo-j said:
Its amazing, the name wii sells anything, Im sure if you would put WII on a piece of $hit, and sell it for 20 dollars, it would sell like crazy, heck even 50.

Look at wii music, a horrible game, and its geting near breaking 1 million, heck PETZ HORSES or something is about to break 6million?? Its just unbelieveble, last gen GOOD GAMES would sell, this gen THEY DONT, and guess what anything that says wii sells.

Nintendo have exploded this gen, and have attracted a huge audience, and despite the wii not have that amazing online service, breathtaking visuals, or the AAA GAMES, it sells.

That's because amazing online service and breathtaking visuals never were important in the first place. Never.

Amount of fun is what makes or breaks a console. The Wii, in this respect, is a much better console than either the PS3 or the 360. That's why it's kicking their asses. And rightly so.

So in your opinion the wii is much more fun than the ps3 or XBOX 360?

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
Chrizum said:
leo-j said:
Its amazing, the name wii sells anything, Im sure if you would put WII on a piece of $hit, and sell it for 20 dollars, it would sell like crazy, heck even 50.

Look at wii music, a horrible game, and its geting near breaking 1 million, heck PETZ HORSES or something is about to break 6million?? Its just unbelieveble, last gen GOOD GAMES would sell, this gen THEY DONT, and guess what anything that says wii sells.

Nintendo have exploded this gen, and have attracted a huge audience, and despite the wii not have that amazing online service, breathtaking visuals, or the AAA GAMES, it sells.

That's because amazing online service and breathtaking visuals never were important in the first place. Never.

Amount of fun is what makes or breaks a console. The Wii, in this respect, is a much better console than either the PS3 or the 360. That's why it's kicking their asses. And rightly so.

So in your opinion the wii is much more fun than the ps3 or XBOX 360?

It is more fun for many people. Most of the games for the PS360 are not at all interesting for the majority of the population.

I remember hearing that they switched the name to the Wii because there was too much violence going on in some countries via uprisings and revolutions, and didn't want to be cast into a system focused on violent behavior, as they were aiming for a friendlier audience.

leo-j said:

Look at wii music, a horrible game, and its geting near breaking 1 million...

leo-j said:

Its just unbelieveble, last gen GOOD GAMES would sell...  and guess what anything that says wii sells.

leo-j said:

and guess what anything that says wii sells

leo-j said:

And you were doing so well too, leo-j. Don't let the monster back out!

Id better leave this thread..no need to start an argument

mM
Around the Network

Leo-J got owned in this thread.

Wii have proved to be a revolution because it did not ignore the mass market, it offered something new, something interesting that can appeal to anyone so called "hardcore" and "casual" can both enjoy it. Personally for me Wii is the most fun system i have ever played. And most people that are complaining about it are Fanboys that either never play it, or are  ignorant to certain extent and cant see beyond graphics.

Lolcislaw said:
Leo-J got owned in this thread.

Ah, let up on him. He really has improved quite a bit since his permaban. Which is part of why I was so surprised at his posts here. But he's matured enough to also know when to move on, so props to him for that.

thank you for the posts. I don´t think the name revolution would have been so successful. it is such a common word the are many things with the word revolution on them, but there is only one nintendo wii

noname2200 true who here has even heard of wii chess?

It (wii chess) was never released in the US or Japan. It is out in Europe.  It's one of those few games that get released in Europe before everywhere else.

I would probably buy it if it was released here.