By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - so the wii was a revolution after all

Wii Chess is what equates to $60 where I live. Hilarious.

Around the Network

Revolution was the code name for the Wii while in development. It was not what they planned on calling the finished product. Just like Gamecube's code name was Dolphin when it was in development.

Though I do wish they decided to name it the Nintendo Revolution. I like it.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

leo-j said:
Its amazing, the name wii sells anything, Im sure if you would put WII on a piece of $hit, and sell it for 20 dollars, it would sell like crazy, heck even 50.

Look at wii music, a horrible game, and its geting near breaking 1 million, heck PETZ HORSES or something is about to break 6million?? Its just unbelieveble, last gen GOOD GAMES would sell, this gen THEY DONT, and guess what anything that says wii sells.

Nintendo have exploded this gen, and have attracted a huge audience, and despite the wii not have that amazing online service, breathtaking visuals, or the AAA GAMES, it sells.

*sigh* You just had to have a Lelouch avatar didnt you. Your opinion is full of hate. Keep hating it wont stop the Wii from selling.=P

@Chrizum 
Excellent post.

Don't know why people blame the Wii, blame the people who buy the Wii and that is a lot of people. Nintendo didn't go on releasing their console early, pay for games, charge for services, win a format war, or issue price cuts.

Nintendo just released their product, kept doing Nintendo things and kept the price. It is just selling like hot cakes for some reason, one could target their marketing and say either they made people think it is a hot item or that it is ok for all kinds of people to play games. People may hate those things but that is just good marketing, the other companies are just learning that now, Wii has revolutionized gaming (not a complete one but a change), I never seen those "family and social party" commercials as rampant as they are today.

noname2200 said:
leo-j said:

Look at wii music, a horrible game, and its geting near breaking 1 million...

leo-j said:

Its just unbelieveble, last gen GOOD GAMES would sell...  and guess what anything that says wii sells.

leo-j said:

and guess what anything that says wii sells

leo-j said:

Nintendo have exploded this gen, and have attracted a huge audience, and despite the wii not have that amazing online service, breathtaking visuals, or the AAA GAMES, it sells.

And you were doing so well too, leo-j. Don't let the monster back out!

Wow.

Well played, sir...  Well played.