By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "Hardcore" Wii games from 2009+

I'm somewhat tired of seeing countless threads which talk about what are going to be the best games for 2009 and some people still completly disregard the Wii, so here's my list of "hardcore" Wii titles for next year that have some great potential.

-The Conduit

-Madworld

-No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle

-Sin & Punishment 2

-Cursed Mountain

-Pikmin 3

-Tatsunoko vs. Capcom

-FFCC: The Crystal Bearers

-Arc Rise Fantasia

-"Tales of" Game

-Monster Hunter 3

-Sonic and the Black Knight

-Punch Out Wii

-Kizuna

-Deadly Creatures

-Oboro Muramasa

-Fatal Frame 4

-Dragon Quest X

-Disaster: Day of Crisis

These are the "hardcore" Wii games that I think have potential, what about you? Do you think any of them will be great hardcore titles?

Around the Network

I'll be getting at least ten of those. So, Wii's future looks great for me!

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Phoenix_Wiight said:

I'm somewhat tired of seeing countless threads which talk about what are going to be the best games for 2009 and some people still completly disregard the Wii, so here's my list of "hardcore" Wii titles for next year that have some great potential.

-The Conduit

-Madworld

-Sin & Punishment 2

-Cursed Mountain

-Pikmin 3

-Tatsunoko vs. Capcom

-Arc Rise Fantasia

-"Tales of" Game

-Monster Hunter 3

-Punch Out Wii

-Kizuna

-Deadly Creatures

These are the "hardcore" Wii games that I think have potential, what about you? Do you think any of them will be great hardcore titles?

This might be a silly question, but are jrpgs 'hardcore'?  I was under the impression that jrpgs were casual (??)

I didn't even know there was going to be a Pikmin 3! Awesome!

That, Arc Rise Fantasia, The Conduit, and Moster Hunter 3 are at the top of my list.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Trestres in

oh s**t he's banned!

Also good list though No More Heroes is going to be 2010, but yeah the Wii's future is very bright.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
GamingChartzFTW said:
Phoenix_Wiight said:

-The Conduit

-Madworld

-Sin & Punishment 2

-Cursed Mountain

-Pikmin 3

-Tatsunoko vs. Capcom

-Arc Rise Fantasia

-"Tales of" Game

-Monster Hunter 3

-Punch Out Wii

-Kizuna

-Deadly Creatures

This might be a silly question, but are jrpgs 'hardcore'?  I was under the impression that jrpgs were casual (??)

How could games that sometimes take upwards of 40 hours be considered casual? I think perhaps your perception on hardcore may be skewed.. Core Gamer only really references people who play a lot technically... hardcore, I'm not sure of why you need the hard in there. Essentially when people say core they reference people who buy a lot of games and hardcore they reference people who seem to buy a lot of sony or microsoft console games(yes I said it.)

Anybody care to enlighten me on the specifics of what turns core to hardcore? I consider myself pretty damn core, I've owned nearly every console since the nes/mastersystem up and many before hand and purchase several hundreds of dollars a year in games alone. So what makes me Core and not hardcore is apparantly the fact that I have no taste for shooters or horror or blood..

P.S. I don't mean any of this to start flames I'm only stating observations and I REALLY do want to know what makes a person core vs hardcore.

Edit: In an attempt to not go too far off topic I'm looking forward to Madworld, No More Heroes 2 and Pikmin 3 with a possible splash of Monster Hunter, Deadly Creatures & Punch out. Also why no House of the Dead?

I know that I'm buying at least seven of those, the ones in question being The Conduit, MadWorld, Cursed Mountain, Pikmin 3, Monster Hunter 3, Punch Out Wii, and Deadly Creatures. No More Heroes 2, Sin and Punishment 2, and Sonic all have my eye as well.

Also: Toss Fatal Frame IV and Disaster on there, as both were recently confirmed to be coming to North America. There's another two games I'll be buying right there.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Dynamic Slash lacking in that list!!!!

RED STEEL 2!

Factor 5 game (most likely being Kid Icarus remake)

Ah nvm I see you have quotations.  Alright anyways good list.

at least 8 of those interest me greatly. and of course jrpg are not casual. they are way more core/hardcore than any shooting game which seems generally to be what people refer to as hardcore.

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy