By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Star OceanL TLH needs 3 DVDs

Only 3 Discs? I was hoping for 4...or 5

Around the Network
Hawk said:
RPG said:
sega4life said:

Who cares about Multiple discs anymore?

People make the same complaint about Mandatory Installs..

You either have to change a disc, or wait for a game to install..

I'm sure the game doesn't change because you have to get up two or three times or whether you have to wait for an install.

some people dont want to live in the past, would rather the install

NXE allows that on the 360 now.  So people who want to can.

you still have to have the disc in the 360 though...

@Stats87 

yep, for it to validate that you can play it. It plays of the HD. I don't personally see how that's a negative.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Domo-Kun said:
So fucking what?

FF7 was on 3 discs, nobody talks smack about that.

Every Star Ocean so far, with the exception of the very first one on SFC has been multi-disc, but nodbody bitched about them.

the game was also like 40 times larger than any previous FF. CD realy wasnt a great format for console games BUT it did hold WAY more than cartridges.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

RPG said:
sega4life said:

Who cares about Multiple discs anymore?

People make the same complaint about Mandatory Installs..

You either have to change a disc, or wait for a game to install..

I'm sure the game doesn't change because you have to get up two or three times or whether you have to wait for an install.

some people dont want to live in the past, would rather the install

Yeah, I actually install whatever game i'm currently playing on my 360, everytime. It's great. I love NXE.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
Hawk said:

@Stats87 

yep, for it to validate that you can play it. It plays of the HD. I don't personally see how that's a negative.

I think he is pointing out the fact its like PC games on discs. Install the game off each disc than have to still use the first disc to play the content. He is looking for a Unreal Tournament style install where you install the game and than your done, no disc needed.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

who cares the best rpg this gen "lost odyssey" was 4 disks , as long as the game is good. no one should care how many disks a game will be.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Hawk said:

@Stats87 

I didn't say it was a problem,

but the two guys above you were discussing multi-discs vs installs on PS3. The 360 install is different in that context because I assume you would still have to change the Disc despite the install. ( I wouldn't know, i haven't installed a multi-disc game yet) Or can you, for example let's say it is LO, use Disc 1 for each part of the game?

IIRC installs are done on the PS3 because the BRD being a slow reader right? What is it for the PS3? 2x?

One thing I like about multi-disc games is that it makes me want to buy the game instead of rent or buy used, so you know that when you get to that second disc you dont' have a bad one and have to wait.

One thing I dislike about them is that you have to get up to change, but really I don't mind.

I'll never forget FFVII disc 1, because you play the game for like 30 hours and your still on disc 1 and you're like WTF!!!??? How long is this!? I think it was designed like that, to be front loaded on time, because it made the game seem even more epic when you first play through it.

Anyway, yeah, I don't care how many discs it is. I know about 5 PS3 owners that would kill their mothers to play this, even if it required a 5 hour mandatory install and 3 BR discs. It doesn't matter how you play the game, just IF you play the game.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
who cares the best rpg this gen "lost odyssey" was 4 disks , as long as the game is good. no one should care how many disks a game will be.

Speak for yourself, an install at the beginning of the game and thats it. The worst thing is people start bringing up PS1 JRPG having multiple dics, some serious living in the past right there. PS2 had 1 disc for most JRPG, if anything the 360 has gone completely backwards. Every day blu-ray just looks a better and better investment in the PS3.