By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Star OceanL TLH needs 3 DVDs

@Jo21 Inconceivable!! You must be playing your friends Wii fit. I blame Wii Fit! Btw you are damn scrawny 125lbs, how tall are you? And yes I am jealous of your weight. Also yes I'd rather it be on 1 disc as well, but 3 discs isn't a big deal at all.
time to order wii fit...

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:

I think Star Ocean has a good shot to be the first JRPG (only talking about HD - don't know how well JRPGs for Wii sell, sorry.) to be a million-seller. Lost Odyssey sold 800k and did a great job in doing so. Star Ocean is way more popular in Japan, so I expect a 150k sales from Japan. Star Ocean III sold 750k in the US alone, so I think, this one might sell pretty well in the West, too.

But the PS-fanboys are sooo funny. TLR is about 60 hours, Star Ocean will just take as long as TLR did (maybe even longer? I mean it comes on 3 DVDs TLR came on 2). So why are 3 Discs a problem? Getting out your seat every 20 hours is a big deal? Come on! If you play 3 hours a day, you insert the first disc and change it a week later. That can not be a problem at all.

This is just a way of trolling. PS3 fans act like DVD would be the wrong format for gaming. GTA IV fit on 1 DVD, Gears of War2 fit on 1 DVD, Fable2 fit on 1 DVD. So there is space developers can create great games with.

If neither SO4 or WKC get atleast 1 million copies, then FFXIII will be the first HD JRPG to sell in the millions.  I still have faith in Star Ocean 4 since SO3 sold very well for a JRPG not called FF.  I just hope it is not like the Tales series where one of the games in the series does well but the next ones sell very poorly(in the West) in comparison.   SO4 looks like it will be better than SO3 which was very good but also very flawed IMO.

Grahamhsu said:
@Jo21 Inconceivable!! You must be playing your friends Wii fit. I blame Wii Fit! Btw you are damn scrawny 125lbs, how tall are you? And yes I am jealous of your weight. Also yes I'd rather it be on 1 disc as well, but 3 discs isn't a big deal at all.
time to order wii fit...

1.80m =)

i am 19' all my life being underweight.

no i don't own wii fit, no need to :P

Domo-Kun said:
So fucking what?

FF7 was on 3 discs, nobody talks smack about that.

Every Star Ocean so far, with the exception of the very first one on SFC has been multi-disc, but nodbody bitched about them.

there was no such thing as dvd back then....that's y no one said anything...but right now we do have blu-ray....it's like the same as if ff13 came out on 3 blu-ray disc....no one would be saying anything about multi-disc...but rather be happy about it and be in awe a game actually takes up 3 bd...

JaggedSac said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

No they don't, lol. Nobody really cares about that. It's all fake outrage. It's like me saying I hate required installs for PC games....except it's not nearly as bad as installs. It's like 30 seconds verses 15 minutes.

In fact, for gaming, BR isn't an advantage at all, actually, as long as they can put games on multiple discs.

The thing is, if Sony fans admitted that multiple discs weren't a significant problem, they'd have to admit that BR wasn't a significant advantage...and that's not happening.

It's a pointless debate, really. Whining over changing a disc while perfectly accepting required installs...me thinks the lady doth protest too much. It's just a rediculious argument....It's like complaining that my iPhone takes 5 seconds to turn on instead of instantly.

It's a fake argument, made by Sony fans, and nobody really cares about that, lol. It takes 5 seconds. If you have time to whine about that, then you're in for a hard life...

It literally took every poster on this thread longer to write any one of their posts than it would have taken them to change all 3 discs on Star Ocean. Literally. Just think about that for a second.

That said, I've been blowing this argument out of the water, very validly I might add, since page 1, and people just skim over my posts and continue to propogandize the Sony agenda, so it's kinda pointless for me to go on.

Even though Zen is pompous and arrogant.../Thread

Hmm...good point.

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:

I think Star Ocean has a good shot to be the first JRPG (only talking about HD - don't know how well JRPGs for Wii sell, sorry.) to be a million-seller. Lost Odyssey sold 800k and did a great job in doing so. Star Ocean is way more popular in Japan, so I expect a 150k sales from Japan. Star Ocean III sold 750k in the US alone, so I think, this one might sell pretty well in the West, too.

But the PS-fanboys are sooo funny. TLR is about 60 hours, Star Ocean will just take as long as TLR did (maybe even longer? I mean it comes on 3 DVDs TLR came on 2). So why are 3 Discs a problem? Getting out your seat every 20 hours is a big deal? Come on! If you play 3 hours a day, you insert the first disc and change it a week later. That can not be a problem at all.

This is just a way of trolling. PS3 fans act like DVD would be the wrong format for gaming. GTA IV fit on 1 DVD, Gears of War2 fit on 1 DVD, Fable2 fit on 1 DVD. So there is space developers can create great games with.

I made a mistake here. you have to get out of your seat twice. The game is on 3 DVDs, but even a BluRay has to be insert once. so you put in Disc1, play, change, play, change. So two changes. So can play 10 days / 3 hours a day before you have to get up the first time.

Sorry for that

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...