By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Star OceanL TLH needs 3 DVDs

I thought it was hilarious how it said ps3 owners will be laughing when in actuality 3 dvds is better than not having the game at all ^ ^ ahh seece beat me to it.

Around the Network

Only one Star ocean title has ever broken 1 million according Vgchartz and that's out of 8 releaes under that franchises name. Hardly any (if any) JRPG's have broken the 1 million mark on a HD console and it's unlikely an exclusive one is going to do so without a multiplatform release.

RPG said:
Barozi said:
RPG said:
Barozi said:
RPG said:
mrstickball said:
...Would you prefer a Star Ocean with 1 disc and 1/4th the data?

I would prrfer 4/4th of the game on one disc, something blu-ray can do.

That's a stupid reply. The best for you would be not to make such useless posts.

It won't come on Blu-ray anytime soon, probably never so deal with it.

Saying the reply is stupid does not make it so, at least add substance to your insults. SO4 comes from a franchise which is anything but big, simply pathetic this game now has so much hype. I can play it on 360 but that simply does not change the fact I dont like multiple discs, blu ray discs for me.

lol ever read my third sentence ? I guess not.

If you love Blu-ray so much, why not trying to burn those 3 DVDs on one Blue-ray disc and put it into a PS3. It might work....

lol I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you are 8, not going to even begin thinking of you as an adult reading the remarks you made thus far.

Just LOL

You should view my profile again. Then you'll see a number before the 8. It's called "one". That comes to a total of "eighteen". You should take into consideration to repeat the 1st grade.

Maybe someone will teach you later, what the word "sarcasm" means.

Barozi said:
RPG said:
Barozi said:
RPG said:
Barozi said:
RPG said:
mrstickball said:

That's a stupid reply. The best for you would be not to make such useless posts.

Saying the reply is stupid does not make it so, at least add substance to your insults. SO4 comes from a franchise which is anything but big, simply pathetic this game now has so much hype. I can play it on 360 but that simply does not change the fact I dont like multiple discs, blu ray discs for me.

If you love Blu-ray so much, why not trying to burn those 3 DVDs on one Blue-ray disc and put it into a PS3. It might work....

lol I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you are 8, not going to even begin thinking of you as an adult reading the remarks you made thus far.

Just LOL

You should view my profile again. Then you'll see a number before the 8. It's called "one". That comes to a total of "eighteen". You should take into consideration to repeat the 1st grade.

WOW with every post you simply become more and more of a joke. To think you actually are an adult and act like a child, nothing to be proud of. Also what do you mean by "sarcasm" in your previous post? Was it the burning SO4 onto blu-ray and playing it on PS3 remark? I shudder to think that was the best you were able to come up with.

RPG said:
Barozi said:
RPG said:
Barozi said:
RPG said:
Barozi said:
RPG said:
mrstickball said:

Just LOL

WOW with every post you simply become more and more of a joke. To think you actually are an adult and act like a child, nothing to be proud of. Also what do you mean by "sarcasm" in your previous post? Was it the burning SO4 onto blu-ray and playing it on PS3 remark? I shudder to think that was the best you were able to come up with.

Well I'm clever enough to stop that nonsense. I'm sorry when I said anything that could have offended you.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
RPG said:
Barozi said:
RPG said:
Barozi said:
RPG said:
Barozi said:
RPG said:
mrstickball said:

Just LOL

Well I'm clever enough to stop that nonsense. I'm sorry when I said anything that could have offended you.

RPG, you are the only one I see acting like a child in this thread.  Well, you and that PS3brat guy.  You've made your statement that you prefer Blu-Ray over DVD, you don't need to repeat it 4 times.  Now you are just causing arguments by provocation.

I mean really, when it all comes down to it, I would rather spend a total of 45 seconds out of 30 hours switching discs, than to wait the average 30 minutes to an hour for any of my PS3 games to install.  I mean, seriously.  EVERY game I have played on PS3 causes me to waste at least 30 minutes.  So much for it being "superior."  When it comes to playing the game, the 360 clearly edges out.  There, see.  I succumbed to your bickering and made my post.  I added emotion so that makes it an absolute truth.

RPG -

Here's the problem. As much as you have a preference to have a game on 1 disc (I am sure that everyone would prefer it on 1 disc too), the problem comes down to the simple economics of the issue: The Playstation 3 is the 3rd place system, and rapidly losing to the X360, and the Wii. Because of that, as much as you love Blu-Ray, it doesn't mean your going to get the games you want.

Was BetaMax better than VCRs? Sure, but how many movies could you play on your BetaMax?

Is an Ethanol-powered car better than a gas-burner? Sure, but how often can you find a filling station?

The issue of argument isn't the technicalities, I think, of Blu-Ray. It's better, yeah, we get it. Problem is that it's also far more expensive, and for the payout that BR-DVD brings, it's cost far more than it's gained for Sony. They now have a very expensive system that, although has a better drive, is severely lagging in sales for the same reason - it's too expensive.

Enjoy your Blu-Ray gaming if you want that 1 disc. I'll be enjoying the actual game we're debating.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
RPG said:
mrstickball said:

Would you prefer it to be on the PS3, on 3 BD discs, or not on the PS3 at all?

The point is, it's such an insignificant small advantage that the PS3 has, but since it is an advantage, you guys try to play it up like its a major thing. That's my only problem with the situation. I don't think anyone would actually deny that it's happening... :P

I agree with the bolded part. It doesn't matter how many discs they use...regardless of media format. The more they use the more space they have to work with. I'm personally glad to see that they are using 3 DVDs and would have been even happier with more.

But at the same time dude BD is not exactly a "small" advantage.

Million said:
Only one Star ocean title has ever broken 1 million according Vgchartz and that's out of 8 releaes under that franchises name. Hardly any (if any) JRPG's have broken the 1 million mark on a HD console and it's unlikely an exclusive one is going to do so without a multiplatform release.

i agree with this. RPGs are just doing bad in consoles this gen and thats my favorite genre.

mrstickball said:
RPG -

Here's the problem. As much as you have a preference to have a game on 1 disc (I am sure that everyone would prefer it on 1 disc too), the problem comes down to the simple economics of the issue: The Playstation 3 is the 3rd place system, and rapidly losing to the X360, and the Wii. Because of that, as much as you love Blu-Ray, it doesn't mean your going to get the games you want.

Was BetaMax better than VCRs? Sure, but how many movies could you play on your BetaMax?

Is an Ethanol-powered car better than a gas-burner? Sure, but how often can you find a filling station?

The issue of argument isn't the technicalities, I think, of Blu-Ray. It's better, yeah, we get it. Problem is that it's also far more expensive, and for the payout that BR-DVD brings, it's cost far more than it's gained for Sony. They now have a very expensive system that, although has a better drive, is severely lagging in sales for the same reason - it's too expensive.

Enjoy your Blu-Ray gaming if you want that 1 disc. I'll be enjoying the actual game we're debating.

5 million odd install base difference , 1 year advantage . Wtf are you talking about ?

And Star Ocean is a relativley small franchise which will most likely go multiplatform ala Bioshock. Even Killzone 1 sold better than the best performing Star Ocean game.