By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Star OceanL TLH needs 3 DVDs

Stats87 said:
Hawk said:

@Stats87 

yep, for it to validate that you can play it. It plays of the HD. I don't personally see how that's a negative.

I didn't say it was a problem,

but the two guys above you were discussing multi-discs vs installs on PS3. The 360 install is different in that context because I assume you would still have to change the Disc despite the install. ( I wouldn't know, i haven't installed a multi-disc game yet) Or can you, for example let's say it is LO, use Disc 1 for each part of the game?

IIRC installs are done on the PS3 because the BRD being a slow reader right? What is it for the PS3? 2x?

Actually...

I was talking about how people complain about Mandatory installs (and) Multiple Disc, and how the game is still enjoyable regardless.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network
RPG said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
who cares the best rpg this gen "lost odyssey" was 4 disks , as long as the game is good. no one should care how many disks a game will be.

Speak for yourself, an install at the beginning of the game and thats it. The worst thing is people start bringing up PS1 JRPG having multiple dics, some serious living in the past right there. PS2 had 1 disc for most JRPG, if anything the 360 has gone completely backwards. Every day blu-ray just looks a better and better investment in the PS3.

I dunno man. I don't think it would keep anyone from buying the game, and I don't think anyone would really be bothered. I have a feeling that you're just biased for the PS3, and in reality, you probably don't care about disc changes either. You would play WKC or some other PS3 exclusive no matter how long the install or number of discs. You're just creating faux outrage here in an attempt to make the PS3 Blu-Ray look good and the 360 look bad, when it really isn't that big of a deal at all.

That's just my opinion, anyway.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
RPG said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
who cares the best rpg this gen "lost odyssey" was 4 disks , as long as the game is good. no one should care how many disks a game will be.

Speak for yourself, an install at the beginning of the game and thats it. The worst thing is people start bringing up PS1 JRPG having multiple dics, some serious living in the past right there. PS2 had 1 disc for most JRPG, if anything the 360 has gone completely backwards. Every day blu-ray just looks a better and better investment in the PS3.

I dunno man. I don't think it would keep anyone from buying the game, and I don't think anyone would really be bothered. I have a feeling that you're just biased for the PS3, and in reality, you probably don't care about disc changes either. You would play WKC or some other PS3 exclusive no matter how long the install or number of discs. You're just creating faux outrage here in an attempt to make the PS3 Blu-Ray look good and the 360 look bad, when it really isn't that big of a deal at all.

Not too sure man, I get the feeling that you are bias for the 360 and are trying to make multiple discs not look like an issue. Multiple discs has always been an issue for me, it simply feels to me I have a broken game and hate it. Of course people are not going to not buy a game due to mutiple discs but in an ideal world the game being on one disc would be the best option. Funnily enough the PS3 provides this dieal world, call me PS3 bias due to that fact but meh, no changing reality.

...How in Gods name does the # of disks change anything?

Lost Odyssey was 4 discs.
Blue Dragon was 3 discs.
Last Remnant was 2 discs.
Infinite Undiscovery was 2 discs.

FFVII was 3 discs
FFVIII was 2 discs (correct me if I'm wrong, it may have been more)
Resident Evil 2 was 2 discs
Betayal in Antara was 3 discs
World of Warcraft was 5 discs+
A-10 Tank Killer was 6 discs (floppies)

# of discs means nothing. The insides are what count: Any game can have 1 disc and be horrible, or great. Typically, I'd rather have a 10 disc game that runs 100hrs and have it be a solid gaming experience, rather than a crappy 1 disc game I throw out within 10 minutes of playing.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
...How in Gods name does the # of disks change anything?

Lost Odyssey was 4 discs.
Blue Dragon was 3 discs.
Last Remnant was 2 discs.
Infinite Undiscovery was 2 discs.

FFVII was 3 discs
FFVIII was 2 discs (correct me if I'm wrong, it may have been more)
Resident Evil 2 was 2 discs
Betayal in Antara was 3 discs
World of Warcraft was 5 discs+
A-10 Tank Killer was 6 discs (floppies)

# of discs means nothing. The insides are what count: Any game can have 1 disc and be horrible, or great. Typically, I'd rather have a 10 disc game that runs 100hrs and have it be a solid gaming experience, rather than a crappy 1 disc game I throw out within 10 minutes of playing.

^^^^^ This guys what I mean, comparing games from many years ago to now in order to make multiple discs look an a OK situation. Sad, so truly very sad.

Around the Network

@ mrstickball: FFVIII was 4 discs.

But yeah, I agree with you people that compare the number of discs that the best RPGs in the past generations had. It's what I always said too. Also, multiple images on discs FTW! ^^

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Whenever I play a game on multiple discs, I get the feeling that the game will be longer than it really is, but that's just me. I don't care about installs or multiple discs as long as I get to play the game.

I prefer more discs with more disc art.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
ZenfoldorVGI said:

One thing I like about multi-disc games is that it makes me want to buy the game instead of rent or buy used, so you know that when you get to that second disc you dont' have a bad one and have to wait.

One thing I dislike about them is that you have to get up to change, but really I don't mind.

I'll never forget FFVII disc 1, because you play the game for like 30 hours and your still on disc 1 and you're like WTF!!!??? How long is this!? I think it was designed like that, to be front loaded on time, because it made the game seem even more epic when you first play through it.

Anyway, yeah, I don't care how many discs it is. I know about 5 PS3 owners that would kill their mothers to play this, even if it required a 5 hour mandatory install and 3 BR discs. It doesn't matter how you play the game, just IF you play the game.

Similar thing with FF8,

I was just playing through it again and i'm pretty half of the Story was all on the 1st Disc. However Disc 3 is where you do most of the sidequests

RPG said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
RPG said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

Not too sure man, I get the feeling that you are bias for the 360 and are trying to make multiple discs not look like an issue. Multiple discs has always been an issue for me, it simply feels to me I have a broken game and hate it. Of course people are not going to not buy a game due to mutiple discs but in an ideal world the game being on one disc would be the best option. Funnily enough the PS3 provides this dieal world, call me PS3 bias due to that fact but meh, no changing reality.

wow, then i guess you must hate almost every rpg ever made.

If you think about it, having multiple discs is a good thing. I mean, once you've beaten one disc after a 14 hour trudge through the game world, that usually means get to bed. Although, if you are saying you like to play games 80 hours of gameplay straight, well that makes oodles of sense.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive