By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Level 5 to OFFER themselves up to SONY if WKC SELLS WELL!!!!!

BengaBenga said:
Gilgamesh said:

(on his knees praying) please let this game be a huge hit

Sure wish I knew what there definition of a "successful" game is, selling more then a million?, more then two million? five million??? I don't know but in my opinion it'll probably hit two million max. But two million would be a pretty big success, for a knew game like that.

2 million? There's not a single JRPG on the 360 that has crossed 1 million. If WKC sells a million it will be a huge success, but I highly doubt it will happen. There's no JRPG fanbase on the PS3 (yet) and I imagine quite some JRPG fans bought a 360. Biggest PS3 game so far in Japan is MGS4 with some 650k copies. I think we can all agree that WKC won't do even half of that. And PS3 is strongest in the least JRPG minded region: Europe.

And still no-one has actually explained to me how Level 5 can be an asset for Sony. I don't see how they're ever going to make money on that.

JRPGs have the bulk of their sale in Japan, the best JRPGs this generations have come out for a system that has not sold 1 million units in Japan yet......

As for why L5 would be an asset, Sony would have a competent in house JRPG maker, right now they are lacking that, they've always relied on 3rd parties to bring them their contents and help them sell PS2s, especially in Japan, they see now that that's not cutting it anymore and they need in house help, that's the same reason they bought GG and Zipper for their shooters, the same reason they bought Evolution and BigBig. Of course it would depend if the personnel wants the change and on the asking price as well, you cannot overpay a developer since everytime you buy a company it is a risk you're taking.

Around the Network

Big Deal.

Who needs them?

I'm sure Sony for one doesn't...

BengaBenga said:
Drage said:
Well if its true, Sony would be pretty stupid not to do it.

Why? Besides the fact that they probably don't have the money for it I really don't see the value for Sony. JRPGs are not anywhere near an important genre. No JRPG this gen has sold over a million. There are maybe 3 franchises big and that's FF, KH and DQ.
So why on earth would Sony want to buy L5?

That combined with the fact that all their console games are for Sony systems anyway.

Soriku said:
Kasz216 said:
BengaBenga said:
Drage said:
Well if its true, Sony would be pretty stupid not to do it.

Why? Besides the fact that they probably don't have the money for it I really don't see the value for Sony. JRPGs are not anywhere near an important genre. No JRPG this gen has sold over a million. There are maybe 3 franchises big and that's FF, KH and DQ.
So why on earth would Sony want to buy L5?

That combined with the fact that all their console games are for Sony systems anyway.

Until Inazuma Eleven Break comes out for the Wii :P And they're also making a console version of that Ninokuni game on the DS as well. That'll obviously be on the Wii, too. But those games wouldn't take much advantage of Sony platforms besides graphics.

Great signature lol

FilaBrasileiro said:
NJ5 said:

@Dallinor: There were some indications throughout the year, but the real hit only came in September / October. They'd need to be really worried back in early August to suddenly cancel a deal which had been under negotiation for more than 2 years.

Weathering the storm is a relative term. How many jobs will they cut, how many product lines will they shed and how much will their competitiveness suffer? Stay tuned in 2009.

I don't think as much as you'd like and hope.

For what reasons?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
BengaBenga said:
Gilgamesh said:

And still no-one has actually explained to me how Level 5 can be an asset for Sony. I don't see how they're ever going to make money on that.

Have them start pumping out PSP games or something? I dunno. I'm sure there's a way!

Soriku said:
My sig's being retarded. I put a GIF in my sig but it's saying some photobucket pro bullcrap or whatever. Is there any way to upload GIFs and it actually appears?

Why don't you just upload it here....

This website accepts GIFs....

Edit - Me = idiot.

OriGin said:
WTF is WKC?

White Knight Chronicles?

uhh not sure if your serious or not but just in case you are, yes WKC is White Knight Chronicles

Soriku said:

@Kasz

Pics yes GIFs no. I uploaded it to imageshack now though so it works :P

The upload a picture thing says they do gifs...

You could always just convert it... it's easy.

Oh... it's an animated gif.  I see.