By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Level 5 to OFFER themselves up to SONY if WKC SELLS WELL!!!!!

http://theepicnet.com/wordpress/?p=43

http://www.vgtilt.com/2008/11/level-5-offers-them-sales-up-for-sony.html

Currently Playstation 3 owners havent been as spoilt for choice when it comes to Role Playing Games, Aside from western RPG’s like Elder Scrolls and Fallout 3 you could say the Playstation 3 has been lacking in RPG territory specifically JRPG’s(Japanese Role Playing Games). If you look on the other side, the Xbox 360 has been spoilt with the likes of Two Worlds, Lost Odessey, Infinate Undiscovery, Mass Effect, Fable and the list goes on. Each time a big RPG hits 360 in Japan we witness their sales boost somewhat, and in this case Level 5’s White Knight Chronicles has become an important title for Playstation 3.

Although it is a game which is currently being overlooked, mostly in the western world, this game looks like its set to be a hit in the JRPG genre. This is something the Playstation could really do with right now, also Level 5 have said that should the game be a sucess then they will allow Sony to aquire them as a studio, which means even more JRPG’s should follow.

With the revelation of Square Enix bringing Final Fantasy 13 to Xbox 360 at this years E3 it has been in Sonys best interest to keep their Japanese marketing as appealing as it can. With Microsoft gaining an edge over them in Japan every so often, Sony can not afford to lose out on this region too.

In conclusion, in investing in my Playstation 3 I have to admit that i’ve taken a big decrease in the amount of JRPG’s I know play. Last generation with my Playstation 2 I really got stuck into RPG’S towards the end of the Playstation 2’s life cycle and it has been frustrating to know that currently I dont have access to much with my Playstation 3. Thus I hope people are wise and dont underate White Knight. because from what I hear it is tonnes of fun.

Of these sites vg tilt is extremely credible as its Uncharted 2 rumor came tru WORD FOR WORD (snowy mountains...check, major reveal by a publication in DEC......check, 25% like MGS4 (in the gaminformer article it said it will have stealth in it)......CHECK)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

I m not sure if WKC will the hit announced.

I read somewhere that there will be some demonstration (somewhere) in Japan

does someone know where it is gonna happen and when ?

Time to Work !

Please buy Level 5 Sony! Though I would assume they might have to include an agreement allowing them to continue their Layton works on the DS (I think) I would hope they can either shift that development to PSP, or get more people working on PS3 so we can get a nice jRPG every year! That would be great.

Of course there is still the question whether Sony can afford them

Cant see that happening, Level 5 are making a lot of $$$ releasing games on Nintendo consoles. It's also going to cost a hell of a lot of money to acquire them so with that said just don't see it happening. SCEJ only has Team ICO and PD whom are of substance, they need a good JRPG team.

Oh man!

Please let it be a smashing hit!

Sony, you bought a couple of studios this gen already, even with financial troubles! buy this one and let your first party be complete! the only studio you're lacking is an RPG one, please, please!

Around the Network

Aw man

This would mean no more Professor Layton, and that would make me a sad panda.

OMGWTFBBQ! So that means no more layton?

That's... really just confusing.

Why would you offer yourself for aquisition if your products start doing better then expected?

Does this guy actually have a source?

I wonder what they mean by success WKC wise.

1 Million, 2 Million, 3 Million, 32 Million??

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Good eye, Soriku

I just don't see this working out. Professor Layton is making Level 5 huge fat sacks of cash money.