By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Level 5 to OFFER themselves up to SONY if WKC SELLS WELL!!!!!

leo-j said:
Oh then Level 5 developed Dragon quest.. mhm..

Enix always hires other developers to actually make Dragon Quest, is how it works. The games are always outsourced. Kinda crazy huh?

Around the Network

Oh no, what about DS games? Oh wait, 5 other people already said that. Well, it must be an important thought, than.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

One things for sure, if Sony are to acquire L5 it will have to be soon. It continues to grow and TBH I hope it never gets purchased by anyone. I want someone to finally give SE a run for there money, of course it will still take many years but it's getting there.

That means no more Dragon Quests (SE will just find another developer) and no more Laytons.

So I dont know what to think about it, I guess it is good for Sony but bad for level-5.

I just read much of the blog, while I do like the fact that he mentions Uncharted all the time, he gives Resistance 2 9/9, saying that Sony has hit gold 4 times in a row... and gives Fable II and 4 or 5 and Gears a similar score

Around the Network

You know this brings me back to the whole FF VII sony owns theory, Square are the publishers of Dragonquest, therefore they own the ip, sony is the publisher of FF VII, therefore that means they own that ip, whats the difference?

Why cant sony own FF VII, but Square can own Dragon quest?

mM
Khuutra said:
leo-j said:
Oh then Level 5 developed Dragon quest.. mhm..

Enix always hires other developers to actually make Dragon Quest, is how it works. The games are always outsourced. Kinda crazy huh?

Kinda crazy yet i can see the advantage.

It means you aren't tied down to your own Dev teams and can make sure your biggest franchise gets made by the best and brightest available.

leo-j said:
You know this brings me back to the whole FF VII sony owns theory, Square are the publishers of Dragonquest, therefore they own the ip, sony is the publisher of FF VII, therefore that means they own that ip, whats the difference?

Sony were only regional publishers. I think it depends upon the agreement they reach over each game. So when Ubisoft published SC IV for Europe, that was the same deal as Sony and FF VII

leo-j said:

You dont see a differense between owning an IP and publishing the game, do you? Infinite Undiscovery - published by Square-Enix. Micorosft owns the IP.

leo-j said:

It's not because Enix published Dragon Quest.  It's because they created Dragon Quest.