By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN's most epic fail EVER

That is a complete joke, why review a managing game if you dont like managing

Around the Network
clerk said:
Oh for fuck sake. This is indisputable proof that Americans are retarded. Now that this has been made public, there is no way they can deny it anymore.

Yep.  Our IQ is based only on IGN's review of a single game.  You nailed it.  Great job!!

MrBubbles said:
well who the fuck would want to play a soccer game where you dont play soccer....seriously

This is like those NFL Head Coach games.  You don't actually get to play football in those games.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Faxanadu said:
IGN has totally lost it.

I agree. And this game is not the only example.

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

SmokedHostage said:

Also Soccer is like a hybrid of Hockey and Kickball.

You do realize that soccer is one of the oldest sports, right?  It is not a hybrid of anything.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network
Faxanadu said:
IGN has totally lost it.

Actually I agree, their reviews have got worse and worse and they seem to be too extreme

There is single reason why soccer is the best sport.

"you only need 1 roundish object to play it with friends"

with soccer you can make anything into a field, just put two shirts or school bags as posts and use a coke can as the ball... it works you can do a 2 vs 2 or whatever. Hell you can even play in a coridor... kick the stuffed animal past your friend.

Basketball -> need hoops and actuall ball
Handball -> need actuall ball
Hockey -> gear heaven
Rugby -> too physical/dirtying is the only reason.
us football -> gear heaven
Baseball -> needs wide field and gear
tennis -> needs gear and court

@topic: the only bad thing about championship manager is that it sucks time.... last time I tryed to play, I spent 2 hours looking profiles to recruit at the begining of the season... way too long (yeah you don't need to do it but I play like this)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

How can they possibly review a football (soccer) management game like this.

Its like giving Flight Sim X a 2/10 because they got bored on a 12 hour cargo run.

Or MGS4 3/10 because its not my kind of thing.

Surely the reviewer should have just said "Sorry I dont know enough about the subject material to do this review justice, Lets just use the UK review where football is the national sport".

Just because you like the game doesn't mean the review is bad. I mean if you like Manager games then this game would probably be really good for you, but if not then you would have 0 interest in the game. For example, I love the NFL and enjoy playing football (yes, American!) and football videogames, but would I want to play the NFL Head Coach games? No way, because I'm not interested in doing the stuff that a head coach would.

Even the IGN UK review for the Football Manager game gave it some low scores in many areas(Sound 1, Graphics 3...), even though the Overall score was good.  

http://pc.ign.com/articles/930/930213p2.html

5.0 Presentation
Same as last year but with a few nice new skins. Will always look like a flash spreadsheet.
3.0 Graphics
The first time a ‘Graphics’ score is relevant for FM, and it fails badly with the new 3D match engine looking largely terrible.
1.0 Sound
Basic crowd noises as ever. Put on your favourite CD instead.
9.0 Gameplay
The winning formula from FM08 is still there, with some nifty new additions.
9.5 Lasting Appeal
If you’re a fan of the series, it will take over your life, wreck your relationships and turn you into a social-life-less hermit.
Outstanding
OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

SmokedHostage said:
eliasg said:
StanGable said:
I found it accurate and well written. Soccer is a worthless sport. I was born and raised in Mexico and was a soccer fanatic. However, after moving to the States, finding out what school spirit meant (because outside of this country, no fucking place in the world has any clue what school spirit is and it is essential to love the sport and then appreciate the NFL) and getting to truly understand American Football I found out that it is way better than soccer.

Soccer is just a pointless sport where the same 4 teams in the world always win and its more about luck than precision. In American Football, you have to be a total badass to make plays happen and if you can pull it off and not loose the ball after being hit, then you truly are a badass. In soccer all they do is cry and play to be drama actors pretending they got hurt after being pushed a little.

So in conclusion: If you haven't lived the American way of life, immerse yourself in the culture and give American Football the opportunity of understanding, you will never know why American feels the way they do about soccer and why it sucks.

So you are pointing out that 90% of the world population are stupid???

I dont think so, you need to feel football and is something different from any sport out there...

Gotta love when people pull statistics out their asses..

Also Soccer is like a hybrid of Hockey and Kickball.

while i dont know about that particular statistic, football (as in soccer to those across the pond) is the worlds most popular sport-fact.

Also soccer cant be a hybrid of hockey and kickball as football is much older than either of those two sports lol, thats just completely wrong.

OT: they shouldnt have reviewed something they know nothing about tbh