By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN's most epic fail EVER

haha this is funny,

but then agian you can't expect americans to understand that game anyway.

To them it probably felt like solitare for some old lady.

Around the Network

IMO

Football > Gridiron

football owns everything!!!

IGN is trash... I don't know why so many of you put stock in their shoddy reviews.

epic fail indeed... at least the sound seems to be as bad as they review'd...

Around the Network

Wow boys at IGN are fools, if they using this same criteria for Football Managers Sim as for Shooters then i dont really know why treat them seriously. If FM had Guns in it maybe the score would be higher, IGN has been dissapointing me lately with their approach to the Wii but this is just irrational.

And since when Graphics and Sound should affect overall score of such game?

LOL, they compared a football manager to FIFA.

That's like comparing a turn-based strategy game to Command & Conquer.

StanGable said:
I found it accurate and well written. Soccer is a worthless sport. I was born and raised in Mexico and was a soccer fanatic. However, after moving to the States, finding out what school spirit meant (because outside of this country, no fucking place in the world has any clue what school spirit is and it is essential to love the sport and then appreciate the NFL) and getting to truly understand American Football I found out that it is way better than soccer.

Soccer is just a pointless sport where the same 4 teams in the world always win and its more about luck than precision. In American Football, you have to be a total badass to make plays happen and if you can pull it off and not loose the ball after being hit, then you truly are a badass. In soccer all they do is cry and play to be drama actors pretending they got hurt after being pushed a little.

So in conclusion: If you haven't lived the American way of life, immerse yourself in the culture and give American Football the opportunity of understanding, you will never know why American feels the way they do about soccer and why it sucks.

Wow, the typical american view, soccer is useless and american football is badass because you get hit and be manly and tough and accepted by all the other buff men. Now, I love american football, and I also love football, it's not impossible to love them both like you seem to believe. Football is a fantastic sport, not just about luck, you talk about the oppurtunity of understanding, yeah, cause the majority of americans REALLY give football an oppurtunity. Stop being so narrowminded.

On to the point: This review is a piece of shit, FM2009 has already consumed about 100 hours of my life, and I've just managed to win the premier league with pompey in my second season, unbeaten in all league games. Go me.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

The game is excellent. This is why reviews are nothing to go by. IGN UK gave it a 9.1 yet US gives it a 2.0.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

smbu2000 said:

Just because you like the game doesn't mean the review is bad. I mean if you like Manager games then this game would probably be really good for you, but if not then you would have 0 interest in the game. For example, I love the NFL and enjoy playing football (yes, American!) and football videogames, but would I want to play the NFL Head Coach games? No way, because I'm not interested in doing the stuff that a head coach would.

But the purpose of a review is that someone who enojys these types of games to tell you if the game's any good. If not, we'd be seeing totally random scores (OK, more random than now) that would depend on which reviewer's name came out in a draw. For example, if I worked in a review site and was charged to do a review of Halo:CE, I'd write that the game's totally mindless and boring, and the only thing you do is go forward, target and shoot. Would this review be useful to anyone? The only thing I showed is that I hate FPSes.

We'd be seeing bad reviews of JRPGs "because all you do is watch cutscenes and select Attack", racers "because all you do is drive a car, RTSes "all you do is click-click-click, you don't even fight", etc.