Around the Network

i agree with the OP. US obviously will prefer games like Madden

SSBB Code: 5327-2374-8112

MKWii Code : 3780-9266-6102

CoD WaW Code: 1376-1190-5157

goddog said:
ah poor soccer hooligans

*dons protective body armor*

It's football mate, we named it that as we use are feet to play it, hence FOOTball. Simple really. A game in which you use your hands for 98% of the time should not and i repeat NOT be called football.

People! You're looking at this all wrong!

This review is a good thing. We need people not reviewing only games they like. This way we can correct the broken review system. We need review scores to reflect more than the normal 'hardcore' gamers perspective on each and every game.

The more diverse the scores get, the more we can properly use them as guidance.

Personally, I do not really enjoy management games, and would probably score it as IGN did. So it would really be weird if there would be no reviews to reflect that, right?

Right?

This is invisible text!

Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 Review Removed
Analysis of SEGA's stat-footy pulled from site.
by IGN Staff

December 5, 2008 - We missed the mark -- that's the only way to explain why we've pulled the U.S. review of Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 off our site.

After seeing the community feedback and having more editors look at the title, we agree with the readers that our original review didn't give Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 a fair shake. Unfortunately, our critical analysis of WWSM '09 focused more on what the author wanted it to be rather than what the product actually was. We review games at IGN based on their own merits, and agree that it was unreasonable to compare WWSM '09 with action-oriented sports titles like FIFA or Pro Evolution Soccer. Because of the unfair comparison, we have deemed the review unacceptable and have removed it from the site.

We extend our sincerest apologies to both SEGA and our readers for the mistake and confusion. Look for an updated and more accurate relation of IGN's view of WWSM '09 sometime in the near future.

Jeremy Dunham
Games Editorial Manager, IGN.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nooooooo~

I was beginning to feel some faith in IGN again.

This is invisible text!

Around the Network
GamingChartzFTW said:
Thatmax said:
StanGable said:
I found it accurate and well written. Soccer is a worthless sport. I was born and raised in Mexico and was a soccer fanatic. However, after moving to the States, finding out what school spirit meant (because outside of this country, no fucking place in the world has any clue what school spirit is and it is essential to love the sport and then appreciate the NFL) and getting to truly understand American Football I found out that it is way better than soccer.

Soccer is just a pointless sport where the same 4 teams in the world always win and its more about luck than precision. In American Football, you have to be a total badass to make plays happen and if you can pull it off and not loose the ball after being hit, then you truly are a badass. In soccer all they do is cry and play to be drama actors pretending they got hurt after being pushed a little.

So in conclusion: If you haven't lived the American way of life, immerse yourself in the culture and give American Football the opportunity of understanding, you will never know why American feels the way they do about soccer and why it sucks.

wow, just.... wow. If you dont get a ban for this atleast you are safe in the knowledge that you will never be respected by atleast 50% of the people on this site.

It's already too late. As far as I'm concerned he is a clown for making that post.

Thatmax, I agree with you.

OMG its not called the beautiful game for nothing StanGable

SSBB Code: 5327-2374-8112

MKWii Code : 3780-9266-6102

CoD WaW Code: 1376-1190-5157

Good lord that review...

Review removed from IGN

Why I dont trust IGN reviews

1. Home is great we love it
2. Home has great potential
3. Home is boring

1. PS3 is a failure
2. PS3 is the best console out there

I'm surprised to see my thread still around. Still it's good to know that the tons of complaints (maybe this thread helped, why not?) posted everywhere have made that that unprofessional review be thrown to its rightful place, a trash can.

I'll post here whenever the real (and, hopefully, fair, no matter which score it gets) review comes up.