By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN's most epic fail EVER

OK , whoever ridicules football,(yes it's called football because you play it with your FEET) just back off. Go play with steroids or something. 

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

Around the Network

"Yes, the depth of management in this game is impressive. But, it’s not impressive enough to make up for the fact that you aren’t actually playing soccer."

What the hell? How is that useful in a review? It's a game that caters to people who want to manage a team

JaggedSac said:
Did someone say soccer was a worthless sport? What sport isn't worthless? Unless you, yourself are playing, what is the point?

Amazing, someone who plays games on a television calling all actual physical sport pointles......

No wonder I spend so much time on this site. There is nothing on television that cracks me up like this

wtf?

Why do they have Casual Football Fan who doesn't like management sims reviewing the game?

Grampy said:
JaggedSac said:
Did someone say soccer was a worthless sport? What sport isn't worthless? Unless you, yourself are playing, what is the point?

Amazing, someone who plays games on a television calling all actual physical sport pointles......

No wonder I spend so much time on this site. There is nothing on television that cracks me up like this

You misunderstood.  I love playing sports.  But I am not going to sit and watch someone else play it.  Perhaps I should not have said sports are worthless.  Sports, as something to spectate, are worthless.

Around the Network
zexen_lowe said:
StanGable said:
(Funny Rant)
(Response to funny rant)

What the hell does have culture to do with the enjoyment a sport is able to provide?

Uh...everything. Ever see a stadium full of soccer fans in Europe? Of course! It's a madhouse with drunken hooligans hanging off of every rafter and falling down all the stairs! Nothing against the fans, they just really like their soccer.

Ever see a stadium full of soccer fans in the US? Never. Never ever ever. Soccer isn't popular in the US, and the less popular something is, the less people you have to enjoy it with. Ergo, empty soccer stadiums.

Currently playing: Civ 6

Soccer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> other sports

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Well, in fairness, writing is all about audience and purpose. Who am I writing to and why am I writing? In this case, their audience is American gamers, and their purpose is to tell them whether they'd like the game.

The review is clearly geared for non-football/soccer fans, so it makes perfect sense. To me this is a good example of why there is a U.S. site and a U.K. site. Tastes are different.

Plus it's one guy's opinion, and he's entitled to it. No one's going to buy or not buy this games based on that review anyway, especially in the U.S. Either they have been waiting eagerly for this or they don't care it exists. So the review's somewhat meaningless in that regard anyway.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Oh for fuck sake. This is indisputable proof that Americans are retarded. Now that this has been made public, there is no way they can deny it anymore.

IGN has totally lost it.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.