By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - One of my predictions came true Uncharted outsold Bioshock (X360)

Barozi said:
dbot said:
selnor said:
Max King of the Wild said:
freebird that excuse is getting real stale come up with something better.

Actually, I'm fed up of hearing your counter arguement. Freebird is right. I would expect nothing less between these 2 titles.

Every single game for PS3 in the top 10 sales has been bundled heavily in my City. Whether officially or unofficially. Uncharted for instance here has been constantly for about 6 months unofficially bundled with the PS3 for only a £5 more?

Top 10 360 games arent all bundled and when they are bundled sell bloody awesome. PS3 has very poor sowtware sales without bundle help.

Hi Selnor. GeoW2 was bundled in Europe at launch. Is it in the top 10?

The official Uncharted bundle was released a week ago. No official bundle existed before that. It has had extremely good sales. Any other bundles you are referring to are anecdotal retailer bundles that would have limited to no impact in overall sales. What does it have to do with Bioshock? I think Tomb Raider is a better comparison. Uncharted is outselling the 360 version by 160k and the PS3 version by 110k.

Official EU Uncharted + Ratchet bundle:

OFFICIALLY that bundle has NEVER EVER been in ANY shop of my city. Game, Gamestation or even Supermarkets. When the hell did that come out?????

GeoW 2 I mean. where is that bundle?????????????? Becuase I would buy 3 of those Gears 2 bundles.

And that Uncharted bundle is around. But not many retailers have it becuase they have CONSTANTLY ALWAYS bundling Uncharted with the PS3 at retailer level anyway. So Sony making this bundle is pointless. Because it's always unofficially existed. LOL

Around the Network

@selnor - http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/18037/Europe-Gets-Gears-of-War-2-Xbox-360-Bundle/

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

dbot said:
@selnor - http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/18037/Europe-Gets-Gears-of-War-2-Xbox-360-Bundle/

"Microsoft Europe announced today a Gears of War 2 Xbox 360 bundle. Available in France, Spain, Italy, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Austria, Switzerland, Russia, Portugal, Hungary and the Czech Republic"

No UK. Poor selnor

umm... congrats?

4 ≈ One

FishyJoe said:
Why does this even matter?

Ego stroking for the OP...

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

I think my charts speak for my arguement selnor. The only bundle that I know about from uncharted is the STORE bundle that gave you a CHOICE of 6 games in the UK only for uncharted. And I believe there was no way to track which games were being sold with that bundle. If you clearly look at the charts. You will see a sharp increase at the tip. Those are bundles effect. The time the bundle I said came out was 10 weeks after launch of the game. Notice no increase? That's because bundles obviosly didn't have an impact like most of you are saying (who knows maybe uncharted sold more because if I'm membering correcty ioi didnt track the bundles since it was one store in the UK only and people could choose 6 other games so it was hard to track)

Max King of the Wild said:
I think my charts speak for my arguement selnor. The only bundle that I know about from uncharted is the STORE bundle that gave you a CHOICE of 6 games in the UK only for uncharted. And I believe there was no way to track which games were being sold with that bundle. If you clearly look at the charts. You will see a sharp increase at the tip. Those are bundles effect. The time the bundle I said came out was 10 weeks after launch of the game. Notice no increase? That's because bundles obviosly didn't have an impact like most of you are saying (who knows maybe uncharted sold more because if I'm membering correcty ioi didnt track the bundles since it was one store in the UK only and people could choose 6 other games so it was hard to track)

1. I think you have missed my post. There was clearly an official EU Uncharted bundle.

2. What you mean is another (I think UK exclusive) bundle. Called "Pick'N Mix" where you can choose 2 of the following games:

- Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction
- Formula One Championship Edition
- Lair
- Uncharted
- Singstar
- MotorStorm
- Resistance: Fall Of Man
- Warhawk
- Genji: Days of the Blade

Yes on number two thats what I was talking about

(take out genji and lair and I can see all those games getting equal sales and then have some people picking up lair and genji... well looks like that bundle wouldnt make much of a difference for one game)