By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - One of my predictions came true Uncharted outsold Bioshock (X360)

fulcizombie said:
DMeisterJ said:
Uncharted got very close, and probably touched 2 million before it was bundled. Now it's bundled, and moving at a steady clip, but for the most part, it did catch BioShock 360 sales without being bundled.

Not arguing the whole bundling point again, since we all know that wide-spread bundles didn't happen until the 160 gig.

WTH are some of you talking about ???? uncharted has been bundled with the console in europe for almost a year . It's no coincidence that most of its "sales" come from there.

The game has only been out for a year. And if you look at the charts you will never see a sharp increase which shows it wasnt bundled

Around the Network

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=All&game1=uncharted%3A+drakes+fortune+-+ps3&reg2=All&game2=%AE3%3DAll&reg3=All&game3=&weeks=56

see the tip? See where it just shoots up like that? that is the obvious effect of the bundles. now can you point me to anywhere else on that chart where you see a similar increase? No you can't.

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=All&game1=uncharted%3A+drakes+fortune+-+ps3®2=All&game2=®3=All&game3=&weeks=56&weekly=1

There is a better chart. Can you point me into the direction the bundling effect is appearant? No you can't. nly time the game gets a weekly increase is after it becomes a platinum edition in europe.

ur happy that a first party ps3 game outsold a third party 360 game by less than 50k ?

fulcizombie said:
DMeisterJ said:
Uncharted got very close, and probably touched 2 million before it was bundled. Now it's bundled, and moving at a steady clip, but for the most part, it did catch BioShock 360 sales without being bundled.

Not arguing the whole bundling point again, since we all know that wide-spread bundles didn't happen until the 160 gig.

WTH are some of you talking about ???? uncharted has been bundled with the console in europe for almost a year . It's no coincidence that most of its "sales" come from there.

No such thing here...

jerseyboy609 said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=42880&page=1

Told you guys so...

You sure about that?

The title of your thread reads "Uncharted Drake's Fortune vs. Bioshock (X360)

Prediction? Nope

Your OP reads:

which game do you think will sell more when its all said and done...it seems bioshock is dying out and drakes fortune is picking up steam again for the holidays

Prediction? Nope

Your first reply reads:

uncharted has betrer legs...isnt it being bundled with the new sku?

Prediction? Nope

Your second reply reads:

lol, I just want to hear your opinion

Prediction? Nope

Your third reply reads:

If you play bioshock, it is easily one of the top 3

Gears, Mass effect and Bioshock FTW!!

Prediction? Nope

Your fourth reply reads:

lol, sure

Prediction? Nope

Then we can get into the fact that this was made just 2 1/2 months ago and not say last year when a prediction being right would have been impressive...had you made a prediction at all. You basically saw a trend forming that Uncharted was creeping up on Bioshock, knew it was getting bundled while Bioshock never would, and said "Hey why not? This is a safe bet." Considering that over half the people in that thread agreed with you, was it really much of a prediction, or simply pointing out a useless popular opinion?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

This thread is stupid and some of the posters are stupid. It should better be closed now...

Max King of the Wild said:
freebird that excuse is getting real stale come up with something better.

Actually, I'm fed up of hearing your counter arguement. Freebird is right. I would expect nothing less between these 2 titles.

Every single game for PS3 in the top 10 sales has been bundled heavily in my City. Whether officially or unofficially. Uncharted for instance here has been constantly for about 6 months unofficially bundled with the PS3 for only a £5 more?

Top 10 360 games arent all bundled and when they are bundled sell bloody awesome. PS3 has very poor sowtware sales without bundle help.

selnor said:

Actually, I'm fed up of hearing your counter arguement. Freebird is right. I would expect nothing less between these 2 titles.

Every single game for PS3 in the top 10 sales has been bundled heavily in my City. Whether officially or unofficially. Uncharted for instance here has been constantly for about 6 months unofficially bundled with the PS3 for only a £5 more?

Top 10 360 games arent all bundled and when they are bundled sell bloody awesome. PS3 has very poor sowtware sales without bundle help.

Hi Selnor.  GeoW2 was bundled in Europe at launch.  Is it in the top 10?

The official Uncharted bundle was released a week ago.  No official bundle existed before that.  It has had extremely good sales.  Any other bundles you are referring to are anecdotal retailer bundles that would have limited to no impact in overall sales.  What does it have to do with Bioshock?  I think Tomb Raider is a better comparison.  Uncharted is outselling the 360 version by 160k and the PS3 version by 110k.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

dbot said:
selnor said:

Hi Selnor.  GeoW2 was bundled in Europe at launch.  Is it in the top 10?

The official Uncharted bundle was released a week ago.  No official bundle existed before that.  It has had extremely good sales.  Any other bundles you are referring to are anecdotal retailer bundles that would have limited to no impact in overall sales.  What does it have to do with Bioshock?  I think Tomb Raider is a better comparison.  Uncharted is outselling the 360 version by 160k and the PS3 version by 110k.

Uncharted here in UK has always been bundled. Unofficially by retailers. It just didnt sell on it's own. Gears 2 was NOT bundled on release here in UK. And no Retailer packs were available. The only current 360 bundles are casual games everywhere here. Difference is PS3 games sell poor without retailer or Sony help. Just very sorry state.

dbot said:
selnor said:

Hi Selnor. GeoW2 was bundled in Europe at launch. Is it in the top 10?

The official Uncharted bundle was released a week ago. No official bundle existed before that. It has had extremely good sales. Any other bundles you are referring to are anecdotal retailer bundles that would have limited to no impact in overall sales. What does it have to do with Bioshock? I think Tomb Raider is a better comparison. Uncharted is outselling the 360 version by 160k and the PS3 version by 110k.

Official EU Uncharted + Ratchet bundle: