By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Socom Confrontation : May sell 700k - 1 million+ liftime.

SOCOM: Confrontation is a pretty good game, post some patch work Slant Six put in. It deserves some good sales.

I don't see any reason why Slant Six wouldn't make SOCOM 4, either. I can see it as a Q4 '09 release, although after Killzone 2 comes out, the "bar" for such games will be pretty dang high. I would hope they can meet it.

Around the Network

Or maybe people want that headset =)))))

I know that's mostly why I want it. But we can just say that evens out with the people that downloaded it from the store.

Despite it being pretty critically acclaimed (the series, not Confrontation), I don't like SOCOM at all, but seeing this game do well is always a plus

I never liked SOCCOM neither, but its nice to see that the fanbase is still there ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

That game has received terrible review on Metacritic and Game rankings and it will sell below 1 million. 750k maximum sales ltd for that game. Market is saturated with shooter games on the PS3.

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
There won't be another full Socom. Zipper is working on MAG now.

Unless they have Slant Six make it. =x

Which will more than likely get SOCOM as its name haha.  First, MAG isn't a great name for a game.  And much better chance of success for the title if you put a popular brand on there rather than have something new.  Finally, I mean it is made by the same developer. 

So yea if I had to guess MAG will eventually become SOCOM: *insert subtitle*.  And if they don't do it that way then someone isn't doing their job over there at Sony.

numonex said:
That game has received terrible review on Metacritic and Game rankings and it will sell below 1 million. 750k maximum sales ltd for that game. Market is saturated with shooter games on the PS3.

that would be fantastic sales there.

socom was a sucessful franchise for the ps2 i hope it goes the same way for the ps3

playnext3 said:
socom was a sucessful franchise for the ps2 i hope it goes the same way for the ps3

The problem is Zipper made the franchise on ps2. Zipper is now making MAG and didn't have anything to do with this SOCOM.

lol...why would anyone play this with Resistance 2 out and killzone 2 coming out. And call of duty 4 still being kickass... Oh wait, the bluetooth headset right...