By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I think Prince of Persia flopped, badly

It will have legs. It is being released on the first week of December, and there is very little in the way to stop it from selling well the rest of December and January outside of what was already released. Atleast for the 360.

It's competition: Rise of the Argonauts 12/16
Lord of the Rings: Conquest 1/13
Fitty Cent: Ownage On the Sand 1/19

Not much competition.

It's just that simple.

Around the Network
JOKA_ said:
I hated the way the original PoP handled, is this one any different?

I love the style and 3rd person action/adventures are my thing, anyone think I should give this a try?

Yes, this game is awesome. It's a completely different game than the orginial Sands of Time. It handles more like Assassins Creed.

This game plays the best if you play it at a good rythm. Once you know how to play this game, everything will be fluid. Instead of stop and go gameplay.

Prince of Persia isn't a button masher. Imagine two guys ready to fight it out in the street, then all of sudden they bust out in dance. Yes, that's how it seems. The battles are rythm based with button combinations. If you mash, you'll break the chain.

This game is all about relaxing and feeling your movements.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
pbroy said:
JOKA_ said:

I love the style and 3rd person action/adventures are my thing, anyone think I should give this a try?

Yes, this game is awesome. It's a completely different game than the orginial Sands of Time. It handles more like Assassins Creed.

This game plays the best if you play it at a good rythm. Once you know how to play this game, everything will be fluid. Instead of stop and go gameplay.

Prince of Persia isn't a button masher. Imagine two guys ready to fight it out in the street, then all of sudden they bust out in dance. Yes, that's how it seems. The battles are rythm based with button combinations. If you mash, you'll break the chain.

You're making me imagine a cel-shaded West Side Story.

badgenome said:
pbroy said:
JOKA_ said:

It is......

But better.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

mibuokami said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Sol said:
I concur with Tuanniez Okey, JB are selling POP for $79. I shall be picking up my copy from them on the weekend.

79? From now on, I'm buying all my games there. But that's still $30 I'll never see again ._.

I got mine from EB pre-ordered for the bonus skin etc, then I ask for a price match of JB's price and got it for 79 :D

Ummmm....... Errrrrr........... http://www.amazon.com/Prince-Persia-Xbox-360/dp/B001ASJISG/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1228009741&sr=8-1

Not sure if it's still in stock, but a few days ago (when I got it) it was a FREE upgrade to the limited edition version. that's 20 bucks less than you guys all paid, and you're happy about it?

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I also got a $10 gift card for Amazon with that purchase.

Now that brings it to roughly 33 bucks less than you guys all spent, and 63 less than Okey. :P

Around the Network

I just finished it and all i can say is... wow... what a great game. I`m not a pop fan,but i am now. The story and dialog are top nuch,and the gameplay is fun and fast. If you don`t buy it,you will miss something great.

The game is long and some puzzle`s are hard (it took me 1 hour to understand that i wasn`t supposed to kill the illusions,but commit suicide to spot the real one...wow) and many more interesting things.

I don`t think it will flop. Look at the reviews,they are very good and so is the game. My 2 cents  

It'll sell a lot, even if it mostly sells on legs.

Onyxmeth said:

Well 241,018 people have the game on their Gamercard already. So bare minimum, it's done that much. Take into consideration all of the 360 users that haven't gone online since getting the game, since they won't be tracked. Also the large amount of people that will not be opening their copies until X-Mas. I say it's doing just fine.

Don't be too sure about that. I think they messed up something, because that what you're talking about is actually the Arcade game, but it's impossible that so many people own this game. (About 180,000 of them have 0 score)

Look at Prince of Persia [R] (Maybe "R" for Remake ??? No idea) they are only about 9,000 people owning this game, but this would be far too less, if we trust ioi

I remember I looked very early on that leaderboard of Prince of Persia (Arcade) and I saw that mygamercard mixed up the Arcade game with the retail game, cause there were some people with 800/200...

outlawauron said:
badgenome said:
pbroy said:
JOKA_ said:

It is......

But better.

If your standing on a small patform and you guys need to pass eachother, the two characters actually do look like they are dancing when they hold hands and spin together.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Ubisoft was smart enough to release the game 2 weeks after the last big releases and after Black Friday. This game has not much competition.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...