By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - N-Revolution closes, blames Nintendo’s shift away from hardcore gamer.

A lot of mags and newspapers are going under. It isn't Nintendo's fault. The economy is slowing down so ad revenue is down. Of course, the main reason is because less people read mags and newspapers now.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Around the Network
Soleron said:
Well, he's genuine, because if the readership has dropped and the new material reduced to the point where it is economically unviable to continue, that can't be faked.

Nintendo, if you want my money, you need to make a high-quality, first-party (not any of your crud satellite developers like Ambrella/NST; I mean EAD, Retro, IS or similar) title for the Wii or DS that is aimed at an experienced gamer in a traditional genre. If you don't feel my cash is worth your investment, that's fine. But at least come out and say so. Don't leave this market in a state of perpetual waiting.

Readership dropped because videogame magazines are about as modern as horse drawn buggys at this point.

"Lets see... I can pay for this information.... or get it sooner and for free on the internet."

dude17761991hatp said:
I heard they blamed Wii Music.

No, I'm pretty sure Game Informer called dibs on blaming Wii Music if they went under.

outlawauron said:
With demos now available to freely download, we have no need for traditional magazines.

But the Wii doesn't have downlodable demos.

(Does it?)

Love how trestres wants to post an article that blames Nintendo's new direction instead of blaming the real source of the issue, people don't buy magazines anymore, it's all on IGN a month ahead of those out of date magazines. Nintendo Power has stayed around for a reason though and it's not about the games it's about the community it's built that reads it and has always been its idea its the only way a gaming magazine will ever survive now they have to give a reason to read that websites don't give.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
outlawauron said:
With demos now available to freely download, we have no need for traditional magazines.

(Does it?)

DS only. Are there many magizines that have demos for Nintendo systems?

BrainBoxLtd said:
Kasz216 said:
outlawauron said:

(Does it?)

DS only. Are there many magizines that have demos for Nintendo systems?

Got me.  Just sayin... they could maybe get some demos going?  I don't know.

I wonder how much lack of demo's is hurting Wii softare sales anyway.

TruckOSaurus said:
Why would someone buy a magazine when all the info is on the Internet and you don't have to wait for it for a month?

Internet killed the magazine star!

lol, i was singing that in my head since the OP!

...if you're going to report on modern tech type item, you might want to try a modern tech type median.  kind of goes hand in hand don't you think?

That's got to be the most blatant obvious false excuse ever haha. I mean seriously who are they trying to fool.

Wiped said:

^ No, Metacritic averages are just bogus. You cant possibly agree with both the 92 at the top and the 58 at the bottom. Perhaps you buy the game, and you lean towards one or the other. If you find one publication that you have trusted and has steered you towards many good games, then screw the metacritic average. It's made up of lots of reviews you wont agree with, but you will never know because they put you off the game.

Sorry, but you didn't understand my post at all.

You said reviewers that you trust are better than the Metacritic averages. But that average isn't based on random numbers, but full reviews. People looking at reviews online don't just look for the average of every one, you can click and read a full review online you know. How is a published review different in that matter? If they get added to Metacritic it means they are somehow invalid and lacking substance in your opinion?