By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - N-Revolution closes, blames Nintendo’s shift away from hardcore gamer.

Wow, ouch.. saw that coming though.

At least print strategy guide publishers kept it quite, gamefaqs gave them a hard punt in the rear.

This guy, I just hope he saw it coming early on.

1. Print Journalism especially gaming journalism is losing consumer base, meaning they lose advertising base, meaning they have to increase their prices to cover advertizing loss, which only helps to narrow who will buy it, which again chokes the life out of their income.

2. The expanded audience doesn't seem to care about how the 'news' is presented, so while Nintendo's strategy may be to expand and it may work... I'll let Mr. Butt say it for me:
"Nintendo’s strategy for Wii and DS is no longer in line with Imagine Publishing’s target readership..."

I would love to correct him a little... here's my rendition:
"Nintendo’s strategy for Wii and DS is no longer in line with Imagine Publishing’s content or context and perceptions."

Clarity hurts but, it is what it is.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

I still read magazines,my laptop demand me rest sometimes
>_>

I read the two more important on Latin America market,Atomix and Club Nintendo just as you Trestres,and I fear for their future too,internet is a main factor but these guys at N-Revolution got a point with Ninty.

Just want to add my 2 pence here:

-Games magazines are still useful; they are quick and convenient ways to read about games anywhere, and having a group of reviewers whose opinions you trust is better than depending on a metacritic average.

-N Revolution is crap. I bought it once alongside Official Nintendo Mag (both UK) and it was shorter, less in depth, kiddy and generally lower quality, and the lack of official status meant no exclusive reveals, ever, I never bought it since. Good riddance.

My Blog, Please Have A Read:

http://Proseandconsoles.blogspot.com

Wiped said:
Just want to add my 2 pence here:

-Games magazines are still useful; they are quick and convenient ways to read about games anywhere, and having a group of reviewers whose opinions you trust is better than depending on a metacritic average.

-N Revolution is crap. I bought it once alongside Official Nintendo Mag (both UK) and it was shorter, less in depth, kiddy and generally lower quality, and the lack of official status meant no exclusive reveals, ever, I never bought it since. Good riddance.

You know, that Metacritic average is made up of many individual reviews you can read and trust, right?

^ No, Metacritic averages are just bogus. You cant possibly agree with both the 92 at the top and the 58 at the bottom. Perhaps you buy the game, and you lean towards one or the other. If you find one publication that you have trusted and has steered you towards many good games, then screw the metacritic average. It's made up of lots of reviews you wont agree with, but you will never know because they put you off the game.

My Blog, Please Have A Read:

http://Proseandconsoles.blogspot.com

Around the Network

Is it 1988 AGAIN? Jeez, I thought we got out of that year already... Why is it that whenever Nintendo shakes things up, they're inherently evil to developers at large, but just 6 or 7 years after a given shake-up, they're suddenly the almighty deities of video games? Oh yeah, because all of the developers that survive either have their origins on Nintendo's disruptive systems or went over to said disruptive systems early enough to not fail.

Short version: those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

I read magazines ,they have better exclusives and interest interviews many times (in internet you eventually get them by copy and paste but the source material is still the magazine ) and the shots are (in good mags ) many times better .

As for Ngamer ...well its nomal ,core gamers buy magazines ,casual ones dont ,the main buyers of Ngamer were old school Nintendo fans who were core gamers ,and the Wii has put some distance between itself and them .

Diomedes1976 said:
As for Ngamer ...well its nomal ,core gamers buy magazines ,casual ones dont ,the main buyers of Ngamer were old school Nintendo fans who were core gamers ,and the Wii has put some distance between itself and them .

Core gamers are more busy trying to get the most recent info on the Internet, they stay late for the "x" game home page update and know the most recent details of any game, they check numerous reviews, etc.. In fact the paper format is more suitable for casual gamers that don't have the time to search for info on the net or tolerate fanboys.

I heard they blamed Wii Music.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

They probably should have changed the name to N-Wii back when Nintendo changed the name of the Revolution to Wii.

Heavens to Murgatoids.