By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Black Friday NA SALES UP!!

Amazing numbers for Nintendo.  Looks like the 360 is gaining momentum for the holiday season.  PS3 needs a price drop.

Around the Network

The software numbers will be very interesting with Wii-fit, Mkwii, Gears 2 and World at war dominating.

EaglesEye379 said:
BHR-3 said:

PS3 loss to 360 this week ww is probably going to be 410k not as bad as i though it would be i'll stay positive hope ps3 will see these 360 type boosts wen its price goes down next year

Not as bad? Looking at what you predicted in Twroo's thread, this is a very high order of damage control.

Well those were all predicted before the X360 got it's adjustments... ie when the PS3 was about to reclaim weekly sales numbers higher than it.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

EPIC xbox 360 sales !! it is going too win the war of the HD consoles

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

@Aj_Habfan

exactly....last year these same numbers were WOWING everyone....as no-one thought PS3 would do that well...

just now xbox 360 has blown sky high sales wise obviously due to the mass market price point

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Wii numbers are insane.
Especially because I still think it's a fad.
Really good 360 numbers.
Feel bad for PS3 but there still is 2009.

The 360 right on, but still i think the ps3 was a little undertracked i think the ps3 could be on the 215 to 225k but well at least it sold more than last week. But with with the news of Uncharted 2 and the video of God of War 3,and mnaybe a few othr anoucement like new multiplataform titles. is enought for me i don't care how many sales, if the ps3 can reach at least 250 k world wide for the rest of the year i don't care how many sell,  with those numbers maybe sony could be happy, and continue making enought games to satisfy myself.

Oh and another thing of interest is that this is the biggest week EVER in America for DS, Wii, and 360.

counting japan PS3 will be 20K higher WW compared to last year.....so price point saturation has basically been reached as sales are showing minimal increases....basically they are flat...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey