By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Black Friday NA SALES UP!!

Wow, huge DS and Wii sales.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

Wow, Congrats to the 360. It is clearly the gamers HD console of choice. The wii and DS are astounding as always, those are some crazy ass numbers. The poor PS3....

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Does this mean that the Wii will peak at around 2 million this year? That would be cool. And the DS at around 2.5 million... awesome.

This christmas is going to be the best ever for the video-game industry, at least when it comes to hardware units.

This is invisible text!

But if these suggest anythign we are looking at some huge peak week in Americas, or the week ending right before the one that encompasses Christmas. I mean we are talking about possibly 1.5 million for DS and Wii in America alone, and 800,000 for 360. For DS tie that in with another 1.5 million from E/O plus 500k from Japan and that's a 3.5 million worldwide week. Collosal. Wii would be around 2.5 million WW. 360 about 1.4 million.

M$ says it sold more than 3-to-1 o nthe PS3, so I'm not sure if this 477K is accurate. I'm sure they aren't talking shipped, but sold at retail levels, so I think I'l ltrust their figures more in this case...if they when through the headache of reporting it, they must have some solid data to validate it.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

Those numbers are amazing. I'm wondering if we can get some software numbers early

BHR-3 said:

PS3 loss to 360 this week ww is probably going to be 410k not as bad as i though it would be i'll stay positive hope ps3 will see these 360 type boosts wen its price goes down next year

Not as bad? Looking at what you predicted in Twroo's thread, this is a very high order of damage control.

darthdevidem01 said:
All I want is for Ps3 to have a holiday better than last year.....as the price hasn't changed I will be happy with this.

Yup, that seems about right. The thing is, these numbers are tracking practically the same as last year, except this year the numbers are bad and last year they were amazing.

That's the beauty of competition I guess - always forcing you to outdo yourself and hopefully your competitiors.

NPD comparisons for the month;

X360 853k Up about 70k from last year.
PS3 396k Down about 70k from last year.

Wii closing in on 50% market share, 360 back to 30% and PS3 slipping back