By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Black Friday NA SALES UP!!

So biggest 360 week ever confirmed then. :) Right in line with what I expected.

Around the Network

Crazy numbers... except for Sony, on that strategy of them (no price cut, focusing on revenue), where they this low?

My god at DS and Wii. 1.7 million between the two is nothing short of incredible. So starts the first million plus week for both. DS will come close to 2 million just on Black Friday week worldwide. Imagine the damage it can do on the peak week worldwide.

360 is just wowing me on how much the $200 pricepoint is helping. That and the slew of marketing and advertising has really helped them. Thus almost a half a million week is amazing. IN their peak week they might go over a million themselves.

However despite all that it still surprises me at just how sub part PSP and PS3 are doing. And I think it has a lot to do with the economy's current state, 360's pricecut, and then Wii and DS's dominance. The economy making it harder for the more expensive hardware such as PSP and PS3 to sell against stuff that's much cheaper. Secondly, 360's lower price is making it not the tied 2nd console of choice but the 2nd console of choice in America. Finally, Wii and DS are doing so well that they are sucking the market dry of anybody else. Not to mention with 360 doing better there just may not be enough room for anyone else. Last Black Friday week, Wii and DS did big numbers but not that much which still gave room for the others. But with Wii and DS that high and 360 raking in the rest, its a huge number for PS3 to do that much in my opinion.

Those DS and Wii sales are ridiculous, i seriously can't believe it. Close to a million both.

What i find amazing is the total domination the DS has had for the last 2/3 years. It is absolutely amazing. Wit the a spiritual successor to the DS i have to believe, this is the Wii's future as ell

Outstanding

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

Let the Wii shortages begin again!

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
Bah... I never did one of these before, and my thread is better

I think you were a bit too slow.  Just like you are in Mario Kart

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

All I want is for Ps3 to have a holiday better than last year.....as the price hasn't changed I will be happy with this.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

PS3 suck every where.

TheSource said:

Hm..if Nintendo could do this every week they could probably make $25b-$30b a year in revenue from the USA market.

LMAO

amazing sales for wii ds and 360, PS3 is doing ok-ish, wii and ds sold over 1 million each world wide without japan, crazy

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434