By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Black Friday NA SALES UP!!

Pipedream24 said:

Let the Wii shortages begin again!

Hasn't that happened already? Anyways, major boost from most of the console sales. The news did say that even in an economic crisis, the gaming industry is still making big bucks.

Around the Network

Awesome numbers across the board. My wife actually asked if video games were really as big as I make them out to be Globally.....guess these numbers don't lie. Great job Nin, MS, and Sony, your consoles and portables make me happy.

Wow crazy Wii and DS numbers, great 360 numbers.

That will do microsoft, that will do...

Have to agree with Hauraman and say these numbers are possibly severly undertracked for the 360. Reports from retail and even Microsoft say the 360 outsold the PS3 OVER 3-1 this week, it has been confirmed by the stores. These numbers mean it just made it into 2-1. So i think either the PS3 numbers have been increased to save face or the 360 numbers have been decreased to stop the obvious threads that would assume. If PS3 sold 200k then 360 HAD to have sold MINIMUM 600k.
While i appreciate VGChartz do their best from the sample data they get they are in danger of potentially being 200k-300k out from the official NPD data when it is released in just over a week. If that happens then it will raise a lot of questions as that is a mighty huge amount of numbers being out.

Either way nice numbers all round really! Plus that also means 360 outsold PS3 by 600k in just 2 weeks. That is major amounts of numbers, almost Nintendoesque! Well done Wii60. PS3 is meh, i think those numbers are major over-tracked for it again.

Around the Network
darkhaven63 said:
Pipedream24 said:

Let the Wii shortages begin again!

Hasn't that happened already? Anyways, major boost from most of the console sales. The news did say that even in an economic crisis, the gaming industry is still making big bucks.

Lol, it's been happening for two years.

OH btw, PS2 is at about 163k for that week in America.

360 should get a 7 million lead over the PS3 next week. 360 back to 30%, PS3 down to 21.7%, and the Wii is up to 48.3%. The Wii should hit 50% when the Ps3 hits 20%

I updated my signature.

Its hit the million and shot past it, leaving no doubt.

Tease.

What's amazing is the Wii increased it's lead by nearly a million on the PS3 in a single week!