By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - where is the next wii sports?

jstam said: Kwaad said: Yeah I'd pay 20-30$ for a in-depth version of Tennis. kwaad is closet wii lover
You know what they say about homophobia and gayness. The more vocal someone is about a particular issue, especially being negative about it, chances are very good that they are what they loathe the most.

Around the Network

doublepost

roadkillers said: Actually I think Wii sports is a good way to expand there online play. Like once a week they could add a new sport or make a sport thats already on the game more indepth. It could help them compete with the PSN and the Live.
that would be the icing on the cake of wii sports. Why arent nintendo going for the kill?

baka said: I personally think that Wii Sports will do just fine for most casual gamers. It's the hard core gamers that constantly chomp at the bit for new games. Kwaad said: Neither of those sound near as fun as Wii sports. Wii sports is stupid, and it sucks. But it is amazingly fun. You just can't compliment something on the Wii without taking a stab at it in the same sentence, can you? I foresee a bright future for you in Marketing/Spin/PR. Look into it, the pay's not bad.
Well done Kwaad, there goes any sort of positive opinion I had of you ;) Keep this up, and within a few weeks you'll be running Sony's PR department, writing their press releases and sweet-talking the media. How is Wii Sports stupid? How does it suck? Because it makes the PS3 look bad? Because it caters to non-gamers, and introduces new people to video games? Because the games are simple and fun, but have enough depth to keep them going for months? Or because its sold more units in Japan than all PS3 titles combined (twice over)?? 'Health Pack' is almost certainly an exercise game. Last time I looked, exercising (generally) isn't a lot of fun - like going to the gym. But I'll almost certainly get it, as I could use a regular workout and doing in front of the TV appeals to me (no Jane Fonda jokes please!). 'Wii Music' is know very little about, except that its probably an extension of the demo Miyamoto showed off at E3 last year. It doesn't particularly appeal to me - but will definitely appeal to my wife.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

jstam said: roadkillers said: Actually I think Wii sports is a good way to expand there online play. Like once a week they could add a new sport or make a sport thats already on the game more indepth. It could help them compete with the PSN and the Live. that would be the icing on the cake of wii sports. Why arent nintendo going for the kill?
Even though its not obvious, Wii Sports would have taken a LOT of time and effort to develop. Adding new games every week (or so) just isn't feasible. Plus they would probably take many megabytes each - filling the Wii's system memory in no time at all. Make more sense for them to release a bunch every 6-12 months as a new game, i.e.: Wii Sports#2 - cricket, football, basketball, netball, shooting + online (just picked some random sports) It is a good question - do they go for a more in-depth game/compilation like Wii Sports#1 - or release individual, hard-core/extensive titles? Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, Mario Soccer, etc. I think they will push the "Wii" brand in similar way to the "Touch" brand on the DS. So "Wii Tennis" will play quite differently from "Mario Tennis" as well. Anyway, just thoughts...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

i cant really see nintendo offering downloadable wii sports games but i do hope that they release single title versions of wii sports or new sports. It'd have to be on the cheap, still accesible to casual gamers, yet offer more depth and no doubt nintendo would love to turn these "casuals" into slightly more core gamers who will become more willing to part with there dollars in exchange for games instead of them sitting on the 1 game for 6 months.

Wii Health Pack could be a major killer app if executed well (and this is Nintendo we're talking about...) There's a mini workout craze just around Wii Sports, and Americans jump on all sorts of crazy workouts and diets.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

jstam said: fair call with tiger woods happy squirrel, I just cant help but feel that nintendo just isn't doing enough with the games coming out, sure we all love there existing franchises that are due for release this year and no doubt they will sell well, but does your mum or dad or girlfriend have any intention of buying those games?
With good advertiement Tiger Woods Wii would sell like hell. I mean it is a Wii Golf on steriods.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Kwaad said: I'm saying such a basic and simple, low budget game... Can be so much fun. I am complimenting it. That's why it gets the 5.0 reviews. It is dumb. It is stupid. It is horrible. But damn it's fun. EDIT Neither of those sound near as fun as Wii sports. Wii sports is stupid, and it sucks. But it is amazingly fun.
ehh so you are stating that a FUN game should get a 5.0 because of it is stupid and dumb? I thought game score was aout how fun the game is to play.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Are you trying to apply logic to Kwaads ramblings Robjoh? You know that isn't possible right?