By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - where is the next wii sports?

seriously if nintendo want to maintain the momentum they have why isnt there another wii sports out/coming soon? surely they cant be too hard too make and when you talk to anyone about the wii the first question is always how much fun they had with wii sports, not how amazing zelda is or how awesome (insert any other good wii game here) is. even release more in depth versions of golf, tennis, bowling and then release them on the cheap. they would sell like hotcakes and keep people playing wii.

Around the Network

The system has only existed for (a bit) over 3 months, give it time ... Nintendo and thrid party developers are releasing games at a pretty steady rate ... I'm certain that in the next few months Nintendo (and third party developers) will have some good announcements

Yup, exactly. Firstly they are making money off Wii Sports in Japan - and are not about to hurt that. Second their primary focus at the moment is to maximise production. Once they have enough units out there (at least 10mill, maybe 15mill) we'll see Wii Sports come out. Guess is middle-late next year. I just wish that Wii Sports (as it stands) would have included some online options...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

How long would it take to make a version of wii golf? they already have the layout for it with wii sports golf, they have all the motion tech, graphics down already. surely it would only take 3-6 months..... wii's already been out for 3 months and they can see that wii sports is the game ppl associate with the wii, so why arent they already a month or 2 into making more of these games? you want to gain marketshare nintendo? dont sit down whilst the balls rolling

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Tiger Woods Golf comming out reasonably soon? In my opinion, Nintendo would probably take their Mario *sports* series to make a fully fleshed out sports game than to create a particular Wii Sports game ...

Around the Network

fair call with tiger woods happy squirrel, I just cant help but feel that nintendo just isn't doing enough with the games coming out, sure we all love there existing franchises that are due for release this year and no doubt they will sell well, but does your mum or dad or girlfriend have any intention of buying those games?

jstam said: fair call with tiger woods happy squirrel, I just cant help but feel that nintendo just isn't doing enough with the games coming out, sure we all love there existing franchises that are due for release this year and no doubt they will sell well, but does your mum or dad or girlfriend have any intention of buying those games?
My sister in law and Niece are both very excited about both Animal Crossing and Mario Party 8 (I suspect they would probably get a kick out of My Sims aswell) ... I understand your point, but Nintendo and most companies are (amazingly) quiet about their game releases outside of major events (like E3 and TGS).

Wii's are still selling out almost everywhere as soon as they come in, quite frankly they *can* afford to hold onto their games for a little while longer.

do non gamers in your house still play wii sports or warioware DKII?

Next "casual" games I'm aware of is Cooking Mama and Kororinpa Marble Mania, both due out in March. I'm not sure you'd consider Bust-A-Move Bash! a casual game, myself.... but it's an April release if you're interested.

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.