By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How many 360/Wii owners would sell their Wii if Newton was released?

halogamer1989 said:
In this case nazna if 360 launched with a mo-controller, it would be the be all end all. In fact, one of the guys @ Redmond recommended this and was ignored.

If the 360 launched a motion controller it would be mocked by the current users, laughed at by the interested new buyers (Zune vs. iPod anyone?), and given a reception by 3rd party developers so cold it would be better defined as "arctic."

Around the Network
Never Try said:

whats the purpose of owning a wii then if not for the gimmick of the power glove err power stick 2.0?

If newton came out it would only help nintendo get more crossplatform games between the two.

It's not about the motion controller.  It's about the games that use the motion controller.  I know this may come as a shock to some people, but as someone who owns everything, I'd like to point out that many people actually buy game systems for the games, rather than for the brand, the controller, or any other silly reason.  A lot of people, myself included, simply own many enjoyable Wii games, and wouldn't sell it for such a silly reason as someone else trying to copy the controller.  Or the Miis for that matter.  Much, I'm sure, to Microsoft's dismay.

And yes, the Wii obliterates the 360 in software sales worldwide.  The 360 does not sell better in 1st or 3rd party software.  Unless you are only counting America, where it sells better in 3rd party software only... but that's a stupid thing to count. And even then it was outsold much of this year by the Wii in 3rd party software.

naznatips said:
Never Try said:

whats the purpose of owning a wii then if not for the gimmick of the power glove err power stick 2.0?

If newton came out it would only help nintendo get more crossplatform games between the two.

It's not about the motion controller. It's about the games that use the motion controller. I know this may come as a shock to some people, but as someone who owns everything, I'd like to point out that many people actually buy game systems for the games, rather than for the brand, the controller, or any other silly reason. A lot of people, myself included, simply own many enjoyable Wii games, and wouldn't sell it for such a silly reason as someone else trying to copy the controller.

True that.  

Why would the games I already have on my Wii suddenly become bad if the 360 had motion controls?

twesterm said:
Why would the games I already have on my Wii suddenly become bad if the 360 had motion controls?

QFT.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

its about the games that use the controller huh? so the wii mote had nothing to do with the sales. You're as blind, as you are narrow minded.

halogamer1989 said:

Newton the motion control 360 controller...  I think it would pretty much leave the Wii dead in the water besides casual Mario and 3rd party titles.

If this were even close to being true, don't you think MS would have done this a while ago?

Actually, I would buy a Wii for it's first party games, I would buy a Wii for the wii mote too, but the first party games is my primary reason.

Never Try said:
its about the games that use the controller huh? so the wii mote had nothing to do with the sales. You're as blind, as you are narrow minded.

Lol. What you don't understand is that the motion controller alone is useless without games to support it.

Since the Newton is optional, its tiny userbase will lack support from developers to compete with Wii games that support motion controls. 

And not being able to play nintendo games??? yeah right. Its better to have both, like in my case ^^