By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How many 360/Wii owners would sell their Wii if Newton was released?

I dont think Newton would have any Impact on the Wii owners. And it would not increase 360 sale at all.

Around the Network

Yea you also believe McCain was going to win......

Newton wont do a damn thing just like the PS3 motion control wont either.
Anyways your post sounds full of hate so keep hating.=P

You think a bought a Wii for the controller? *shakes head*
I would probably play all the old 360 games, then sell my 360 and buy a PS3.

Why would an add-on that will (likely) have less than 25 games (of which 5 will be worth playing) cause me to sell a system which has a very bright future?

Devise01 said:

I already sold my Wii. The control scheme bores me. It's not for me, but obviously many people do enjoy it.

I think if Netwon was released it would take some marketshare away from Nintendo. Nintendo's first party mario games didn't attract the casuals in mass last generation. If you have a cheaper console with better graphics and the same/similar feature set, which one do honestly think they'll choose?

This is the type of reply I was looking for not all this uber-fail nonsense.  I am talking from a business perspective and not of a fanboy perspective.  I own all the Nintendo consoles except Wii.  In order to analyze something, you do not have to own it...

Economics 101...

Around the Network
halogamer1989 said:
Devise01 said:

I already sold my Wii. The control scheme bores me. It's not for me, but obviously many people do enjoy it.

I think if Netwon was released it would take some marketshare away from Nintendo. Nintendo's first party mario games didn't attract the casuals in mass last generation. If you have a cheaper console with better graphics and the same/similar feature set, which one do honestly think they'll choose?

This is the type of reply I was looking for not all this uber-fail nonsense.  I am talking from a business perspective and not of a fanboy perspective.  I own all the Nintendo consoles except Wii.  In order to analyze something, you do not have to own it...

Economics 101...

And like I said in my response to that post, once Microsoft produces games that rival Wii Sports, Wii Fit, MK Wii, Brain Training, Nintendogs (I know some of these games aren't on Wii, but they illustrate Nintendo's unrivalled success at casual gaming), only then will they realistically compete with Nintendo for the casual gamer.

It has been stated over and over that motion control is not as important as you assume. MKWii and Wii Fit don't rely on motion controls, but they're uber successful nonetheless.

halogamer1989 said:
Devise01 said:

Economics 101...

All this tells me is that you will only listen to views consistent with your fanboy opinion, ignoring those that contradict you regardless of the facts.

@Xponent yeah those two are for the part titles and arcade like respectively, but they are put aside once beaten (my roommates have MKWii and they have not played it in months). Not to say that they are the general public but it just goes to say that the majority of really good Ninty titles are 1st party--this needs to change.

Contrary to popular belief, I would say that Wii has the biggest system sellers this generation. And they're all from one single franchise. Wii.

The fact that that is also the name of the console makes the console brand even stronger. Branding can mean a lot. And in this case, I believe it would mean that even if another console got a similar controller, they would be hard pressed to come up with games that would make the Wii brand lose its attraction.

This is invisible text!

I'm sure Redmond will think of something but when all else fails, if MSFT can't beat 'em, then buy 'em ;)