By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How many 360/Wii owners would sell their Wii if Newton was released?

Wow, the stupidest thing I've heard in the whole week.

No, Wii would still RAPE the 360 in sales if Newton was released, which it won't be.

this is stupid, you really think people would switch just because of the controller? It couldn't have anything to do with better gameplay and games?

This thread is fail.

Old Brawl code..ask for my new one..

Around the Network

I wouldn't. It's all about the games.

Besides, the Wii remote is packaged with every Wii, unlike the Newton, which would surely hamper it's support from developers.

I wouldn't simply change my directive to 360. Unless the Newton is going to do what Sixense is doing.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

And let's not forget there is reverse discrimination against 360. I mean on Wii and DS their discrimination is that core games and mature games wont' sell on the platform. Well on 360 the discrimination is that casual games or "eccentric" new titles won't sell. I mean its no surprise that the company leading the casual front on the 360 is MS themselves.

You're joking right? It's the ONLY reason to own a Wii for a lot of people. Argh! Weird post timing there. :D

I wouldn't consider a Newton controller a big deal. The people who want that type of a controller have the option of a console built around it. The people that don't want that type of controller have their options as well. Wouldn't make much of a difference to anything IMO.

Will you teach me to football?

Around the Network

Somewhere between zero and absolute zero (around the end of time). The odds of games of quality use of the motion control on an optional 360 motion controller showing up to match those already existing on the Wii are slim to none.

Not to mention I own the Wii because I like the games on it.

In this case nazna if 360 launched with a mo-controller, it would be the be all end all. In fact, one of the guys @ Redmond recommended this and was ignored.

Look at the best selling games on Wii. Unless there's a Newton Wheel and Newton Balance Board.. I doubt it will make a dent in Wii sales.

Pixel Art can be fun.

whats the purpose of owning a wii then if not for the gimmick of the power glove err power stick 2.0?

If newton came out it would only help nintendo get more crossplatform games between the two.

halogamer1989 said:
Cougarman said:
halogamer1989 said:

Newton the motion control 360 controller...  I think it would pretty much leave the Wii dead in the water besides casual Mario and 3rd party titles.

are you saying newton will beat wiimote without 3rd party support?

No.  I am saying Nintendo has good titles that sell but they are mainly first party ones.  MSFT has better sales for both first and third party sales.  A motion control system would benefit MSFT by swinging some of that potential audience their way.  Unfortunately, I do not expect to see this until the 720.

Then explain why Wii software sales are much greater than 360 software sales. Also, what first party?