By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Mario Game MIGHT be coming 2009!

So i was looking around on gametrailers and noticed a little thingy. http://www.gametrailers.com/vga2k8.php on the right side it tells u whats going to be going on at the VGAs for example God of war 3, uncharted: among theives and whats this? A mario button with no description! It got me thinking, maybe there will be a  Mario game at the VGAs? Thoughts?

Around the Network

I think 09 is too early for a main series Mario title.

indeed if we are lucky will get pikmin 3 and an announcement for a new zelda

I don't think it's necessarily too early. Did miyamoto say they wanted to make a sequel to galaxy? If that's the case they already have the engine completely up and running and it would just be a matter of making new levels and tweaks. It breaks precedent (1 flagship title per console), but that's what precedent is for.

I wouldn't complain in the least if it went back to having two or three mario games this gen. Galaxy was incredible, amazing really. The potential for ideas and levels is vast. I would buy another 120 stars worth of levels in a heartbeat, even if it was half that many stars I'd buy it in a heart beat.

Whether or not that's what the little symbol at the VGAs means is a whole 'nother story. Highly speculative, but I wouldn't count it out simply for being 2 years after galaxy.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

It does look suspicious, but why at Spikes VGAs?

^_^

Around the Network

I think a new Pikmin and Kid Icarus are highly probable for release in '09... announcements of a new Zelda AND Mario are also likely, however actual '09 releases are highly unlikely... a slim possibility for a new Zelda by holiday '09, but no Mario, no way in hell.

2009 is going to be a very interesting year simply just to see what Nintendo pulls out of their ass (hopefully their heads), because both the quantity AND quality of first party games has been dwindling since the second half of this year. Sony and Microsoft have already announced most of their big guns for '09, so it'll be interesting to see if Nintendo truly does have some aces up their sleeve or if they just decide to play it safe and rely on Wii Sports Resort to carry the Wii for '09.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

looking at the page that is very curious. It has descriptions for everything else, and then it just shows a question mark block at the very end. Something unannounced? I'm a skeptic in general, but that has me interested in seeing those previews.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I'd like to this this will happen but I don't.
(>'.')>

There´s a 99% chance that Nintendo doesn´t even give a sh*t about the VGA´s, let alone they´ll announce their #1 franchise there.