By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony stepping up the plate in 2009

Zlejedi said:
selnor said:
axumblade said:
selnor said:
axumblade said:

Most of those games you mentioned aren't even exclusives. X_x But I suppose it's nice living in a delusional world.

Instead of complaining show me in metacritic any of those games on PS3 ? Hmmmm? Link??????????????/

None of those games are on Metacritic for PS3 at all. I checked by viewing alphabetically. So please show me I'm wrong.

Also I edit my previous post.

I'd rather play through the game then have to worry about eventual dlc. That stuff is just a ploy to renew interest in games that people really don't care about anymore. Also, the PC is a platform because otherwise, we wouldn't have such a strongly supportive PC section and WoW wouldn't have sold nearly as many copies as it did its first week. The PC is relevent despite not having sales data on this site. Your "owning" is based on the fact that you're too arrogant to take in consideration that we have different ideas on the matter. So go ahead, "Own" away.

Also, I didn't say that they were "360 exclusives from PS3." I said they weren't exclusive titles. Meaning, Bully is on the Wii and PS2 and N+ is on the PSP and DS.

PC is not against consoles. The 2 platforms co exist perfectly. The PC sales will never affect console sales and vice versa. So if it's exclusive to 360 it draws PS3 potential buyers away. I apologize if Bully is on Wii, I missed that.

I'd say it's delusion to think that having game release on both pc and console doesn't affect console sales. The impact isn't maybe great but there certainly are many people who prefer games on pc to console and will buy pc version when given choice.

I dont deny that there are people who get the PC version. But look at the sales difference. Your talking about a small minority. A console exclusive is definately an advantage to that console.

Around the Network
CaptDS9E said:

"Gran Turismo 5 is going to sell double that easily. KZ2 and GoW3 will easily cross 4 million, maybe 5 million. Heavy Rain and inFamous won't sell very well, but they will both be very good games."

To this date
GT 4 sold 9.5 million world wide
KZ 1 sold 1.5 million or so
God of War 2 sold 2.33 million

Your numbers need some major adjusting. 

GT4? Wouldn't it be more logical to compare it to GT3? GT4 was the second in the series on the PS2. GT2 sold worse than GT, GT4 sold worse than GT3. GT3 outsold GT, so it follows that GT5 should outsell GT3.

Of course, that's not happening. GT5 will, however, give a massive sales boost to the PS3 and easily cross 8 million within a year.

KZ1 was, frankly, a buggy mess. KZ2 has been vastly improved. They are not the same game, hell, I think they should change the title to prevent any association.

God of War 2 did not sell 2.33 million, those numbers are out of date. IGN clearly stated that God of War II outsold the original God of War, which sold around 3.5 million copies.

MGS4 sold better than MGS3, DMC 4 sold better than DMC 3, why shouldn't God of War 3 sell better than God of War II and KZ2 better than Killzone 1?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Sony dont need to step up to the plate.

They need to climb a 1000ft mountain right now just to stand a chance. Forget stepping. WW gap is horendous. Noone predicted this here. NOONE.

mibuokami said:
selnor said:

Right heres the 360 list for 2009. At least I'm being honest and keeping the possibly for ones we arent sure of from the article.

Known Games:

- Star Ocean 4
- Mass Effect 2
- Alan Wake
- Halo 3: Recon
- Ninety-Nine Nights 2
- Ninja Blade
- All Points Bulletin
- Huxley
- Halo Wars
- 2 days to Vegas (Timed exclusive for PC and 360)
- Project Forza 3
- Lionhead Project Dimitri (Confirmed that Lionhead will release a game in 2009)
- Cry On
- GTA IV Episode 2
- Fallout 3 DLC (Confirmed it’s the same size as Oblivion expansions)

Possible Games:
- BioShock 2
- Age of Conan Xbox 360 version (Confirmed, release date may be early 2010)
- Too Human 2
- Silicon Knights Project 1 (Announced that SK has at least 2 more Projects beside the Too Human series in development)
- Knights of the old Republic MMO
- Square Enix Project 1 (Rumored that Square Enix has one more unnanounced project for the Xbox 360)
- Mistwalker Project 2 (Probably early 2010, but we might get lucky).
-Warhound
-White Gold
-Dead Island

http://loot-ninja.com/2008/10/13/xbox-360-exclusive-titles-for-2009

Oh come now be fair, you're ridiculing people for stating infamous (which has a playable built displayed since GDC) is a 2009 release but adding in games like Huxley into your confirmed list? A game with a PC release date of 'first half 2009' and no Xbox date at all? What about All Points Bulletin, Cry On and 2 days to Vegas? None of these have firm release date.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Xbox lineup is shaping up to be great in 2009, and MS has the ability to BUY exclusive which Sony cannot afford, but your list is bloated at best and very hypocritical considering your earlier statement.

I won't comment on your 'Possible Games' list because they're possibility just like Versus is for the 360 :P, but Bioshock 2 is a PS3 confirm also, so you might wanna cross it out. 

Agreed.

Recon (ODST), Lost and Damned and Fallout 3 DLC are all expansions and therefore not games.

BioShock 2 is definitely on PS3, seeing as BioShock 1 was, and the trailer for BioShock 2 was first released in the PS3 version of BioShock.

As for Square Enix project, it's RUMOURED. It's not even confirmed.

Too Human 2: They just took 8 years to make a game. You think they'll make another within 18 months of Too Human?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective