By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony stepping up the plate in 2009

Right heres the 360 list for 2009. At least I'm being honest and keeping the possibly for ones we arent sure of from the article.

Known Games:

- Star Ocean 4
- Mass Effect 2
- Alan Wake
- Halo 3: Recon
- Ninety-Nine Nights 2
- Ninja Blade
- All Points Bulletin
- Huxley
- Halo Wars
- 2 days to Vegas (Timed exclusive for PC and 360)
- Project Forza 3
- Lionhead Project Dimitri (Confirmed that Lionhead will release a game in 2009)
- Cry On
- GTA IV Episode 2
- Fallout 3 DLC (Confirmed it’s the same size as Oblivion expansions)

Possible Games:
- BioShock 2
- Age of Conan Xbox 360 version (Confirmed, release date may be early 2010)
- Too Human 2
- Silicon Knights Project 1 (Announced that SK has at least 2 more Projects beside the Too Human series in development)
- Knights of the old Republic MMO
- Square Enix Project 1 (Rumored that Square Enix has one more unnanounced project for the Xbox 360)
- Mistwalker Project 2 (Probably early 2010, but we might get lucky).
-Warhound
-White Gold
-Dead Island

http://loot-ninja.com/2008/10/13/xbox-360-exclusive-titles-for-2009

Around the Network
axumblade said:
selnor said:
FPSrules said:
Neoraf said:

The momentum is in Microsoft Hands.

When Sony will cut the prices... do you believe Microsoft will sit and stare?
Microsoft will probably cut another 100$ on Elites, and will replace Arcade by the Pro(60gb) at 199$.

Xbox Live is the online service of choice.
A true social phenomenon.

With all the big 2009 games for Microsoft (Mass Effect 2, Halo Wars, Alan Wake, Star Ocean 4, Halo3 ODST, GTA4 Lost and Damned, Ninja Blade, name it...), I don't know how Sony can gain ground...

NOTE- i own all 3 systems, and play a fair amount of games on PC, but i hate it when fanboys say stupid things

big 2009 games for MS, ("Don't see how sony can gain ground....")

Mass Effect 2 is now owned by EA, and bioware has already admitted there is a possiblilty that it will be on all systems, besides that i own mass effect, its addicting at first, but its extremely repeative, and that what kills the game.

GTA4 DLC, lol talking about sony delaying games, this was suppose to be out this summer in august, its november now, lol. besides the fact that gta4 was so overrated and not as good as the other parts, i don't see MS making any $ on this.

Ninja Blade, in other words a rip off of Ninja Gaiden

Alan Wake, i give that one to you, it looks hott and i might get it, but its not a exclusive, already confirmed for PC as well

Halo Wars, i was looking foward to this game until i found out it was made by ensemble studios, ensemble studios makes age of empires, and those games are terrible stragety games, want a real stragety game then get Rome total war, or the new one Emprie total war. plus ensemble is closing when halo wars is complete, so they have no reason to make a good game because regardless they are out of a job thanks to MS

im assuming you haven't said hi to

Sony's lineup for 2009

1. Killzone 2

2. God of War 3

3. Infamous

4. MAG

5. Uncharted 2

6. Rachet and Clank

7. Jak and Daxter

8. Gran Turismo 5

9. Final Fantasy 13 Versus

10. Wardevil

11. PlayStation Home (might be out before christmas, just putting this up)

12. Twisted Metal

13. MLB 09 The show (last part was quoted by ESPN "most realistic baseball game ever") LOL

14. Heavy Rain

15. Rockstar secert ps3 exclusive project

16. DC universe

17. White Knight Chronciles

18. Yazuka 3

if that wasn't enough here is a link to more PS3 Exclusives

http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=86124

Strikethrough the ones that are very likely to be delayed till 2010. Why do this. Remember 07 when PS3 fans posted loads of games as if they were definately coming out in 08. Loads of those are delayed till 2009 and some even likely 2010.

So you're saying that Infamous, a game that's already been delayed that should almost be done by Sucker Punch (who obviously haven't really been doing much other than working on this game) is going to be delayed until 2010?

Home doesn't seem too far away from coming out. If you were part of the beta...oh wait...do you even own a PS3?

Ratchet & Clank should be out next year because Insomniac has always been consistant with releasing a new game every year...Of course then again, I would expect a Playstation conniseur as yourself would already know that.

If this was the PS2 era then yeah I would agree with you. To be honest the terrible delays on PS3 games means I wouldnt be surprised if KZ2 slipped to Q3 and GT5 didnt find it's way into 2010. Dont look at me Sony only have themselves and the PS3 track record to blame. I have good reason to be scepticle about PS3 release lests, especially considering how wrong the 08 lists were from fanboys.

And in 08 we see that 360 has 8 games above 85 metacritic exclusive for 08 and PS3 has 5. Do my faith has vanished with Sony release schedule.

GOW2 sold far less than Resistance. Why would GOW3 be a 4+ million seller, like some people are saying in this thread? Face it, GOW is a niche game, even more so than Resistance.

I do not think next year will be any more Sony's than the last. For every reason they should succeed I believe the opposition will counter.

Microsoft concocted the perfect storm to end 2008. Although it is unlikely they will be able to replicate this in 2009 but then most folks would of said that of them for 2008.

They still have price, redesign and games and gods knows what else. I actually do not think Microsoft are even focusing on the PS3 any more they have a far bigger target in its sights, the casual gamer. We will have to wait and see if they manage to pull that off.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

@Selnor

Here are a few more titles you may wish to work into you list. I am not saying this is the remainder however nine sufficiently illustrates that your list is obviously a work in progress, and should not be considered all inclusive.

Star Ocean 4
The Precursors
Kingdom Under Fire 2
Raven Squad
Shadow Harvest
Divinity 2
Dungeon Hero
Velvet Assassin
Venetica

Around the Network

lol at people trying to compare 360 games to ps3 games! face it! there is no contest and next year ps3 wont onloy be kicking ass in games but also in price. it will finally go down to an affordable price.

axumblade said:
selnor said:
axumblade said:
selnor said:
FPSrules said:
Neoraf said:

Microsoft will probably cut another 100$ on Elites, and will replace Arcade by the Pro(60gb) at 199$.

With all the big 2009 games for Microsoft (Mass Effect 2, Halo Wars, Alan Wake, Star Ocean 4, Halo3 ODST, GTA4 Lost and Damned, Ninja Blade, name it...), I don't know how Sony can gain ground...

NOTE- i own all 3 systems, and play a fair amount of games on PC, but i hate it when fanboys say stupid things

Mass Effect 2 is now owned by EA, and bioware has already admitted there is a possiblilty that it will be on all systems, besides that i own mass effect, its addicting at first, but its extremely repeative, and that what kills the game.

GTA4 DLC, lol talking about sony delaying games, this was suppose to be out this summer in august, its november now, lol. besides the fact that gta4 was so overrated and not as good as the other parts, i don't see MS making any $ on this.

Alan Wake, i give that one to you, it looks hott and i might get it, but its not a exclusive, already confirmed for PC as well

Halo Wars, i was looking foward to this game until i found out it was made by ensemble studios, ensemble studios makes age of empires, and those games are terrible stragety games, want a real stragety game then get Rome total war, or the new one Emprie total war. plus ensemble is closing when halo wars is complete, so they have no reason to make a good game because regardless they are out of a job thanks to MS

Sony's lineup for 2009

1. Killzone 2

2. God of War 3

3. Infamous

4. MAG

5. Uncharted 2

6. Rachet and Clank

7. Jak and Daxter

8. Gran Turismo 5

10. Wardevil

12. Twisted Metal

13. MLB 09 The show (last part was quoted by ESPN "most realistic baseball game ever") LOL

14. Heavy Rain

16. DC universe

18. Yazuka 3

Strikethrough the ones that are very likely to be delayed till 2010. Why do this. Remember 07 when PS3 fans posted loads of games as if they were definately coming out in 08. Loads of those are delayed till 2009 and some even likely 2010.

So you're saying that Infamous, a game that's already been delayed that should almost be done by Sucker Punch (who obviously haven't really been doing much other than working on this game) is going to be delayed until 2010?

Home doesn't seem too far away from coming out. If you were part of the beta...oh wait...do you even own a PS3?

Ratchet & Clank should be out next year because Insomniac has always been consistant with releasing a new game every year...Of course then again, I would expect a Playstation conniseur as yourself would already know that.

If this was the PS2 era then yeah I would agree with you. To be honest the terrible delays on PS3 games means I wouldnt be surprised if KZ2 slipped to Q3 and GT5 didnt find it's way into 2010. Dont look at me Sony only have themselves and the PS3 track record to blame. I have good reason to be scepticle about PS3 release lests, especially considering how wrong the 08 lists were from fanboys.

And in 08 we see that 360 has 8 games above 85 metacritic exclusive for 08 and PS3 has 5. Do my faith has vanished with Sony release schedule.

lets see

Grand Theft Auto 4 (DLC doesn't count as a new game. especially if it's not out yet)
1. Gears 2 (I'll give its inevitable PC release a benefit of a doubt
Fallout 3(DLC does not count as a new game...again)
2. Braid (Possibly still a timed exclusive)
Rock Band 2
Prince of Persia
Street Fighter 2 HD
3. Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 (ignores likely pc release as well)
Portal: Still Alive (I don't count new content as a new game)
4. Rez HD
5. Fable 2 (I'll ignore this ones inevitable PC release as well)
Dead Space
Left 4 Dead
NHL 09
6. Ikaruga
FIFA 09
GRID

I only count 6...

On the other hand, while looking at metacritic, I also noticed that 85 is a great number for Microsoft to start at cause...extending it down to 80 and up...we'll see...

13 for the 360.

7. Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise
8. Castle Crashers
9. Naruto: The Broken Bond
10. Tales of Versperia
11. Ninja Gaiden II
12. Poker Smash
13. A Kingdom for Keflings (which doesn't have many ratings so i could see it dropping off)

13 for the PS3 considering that I'll take out Pixeljunk Monsters Encore and Metal Gear Solid Online...

1. LittleBigPlanet
2. Metal Gear Solid 4
3. Wipeout HD
4. Resistance 2
5. Valkyria Chronicles
6. PixelJunk Monsters
7. Everyday Shooter
8. Singstar
9. Metal Gear Online
10. PixelJunk Monsters Encore
9. Hot Shots Golf
10. Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
11. Echochrome
12. Buzz Quiz TV
13. Pixel Junk Eden.

Oh Wow. Things randomly evened out. Who would have thought Sony could catch up with just 5 extra points. thank you.

Major fall off my chair LOL. You lower the score to try and save the PS3. LOL

Yet you still fail.

360 2008 releases that score higher than 80.

Gears 2

Fallout 3

Braid

Geometry Wars 2

Portal Still Alive

Rez HD

Fable 2

Left 4 Dead

Ikaruga

N+

Viva Piniata 2

Tales Of Vesperia

Ninja Gaiden 2

Bully Scholarship Edition

Duke Nukem 3D

A Kingdom Of Keflings

Poker Smash

Naruto The Broken Bond

Castle Crashers

Well I count 19.

So 19 360 games 2008 release over 80 metacritic.

And I agree with your 13 PS3 games over 80 metacritic.

Why did you make me own you.

LOL at your it's on PC to. Guess what COD 4 is on PC do you know how many it's sold compared to 360? LOL If it's console exclusive it serves a major purpose in bringing people to the 360. I guarantee that 90% of gamers do not build gaming PC's. Sales of similar games on console and PC shows my point.

So keep living in dream land buddy. I'll stay here in reality.

And if you dont count DLC, you better get used to it. Thats the future whether we like it or not. Portal is a new campaign. Fallout DLC is apparantly the size of all Oblivion DLC together And all the rest are not DLC games. So even if you take out those 2 thats 17.

Awesome. Great games that no one will continue to buy. People hyped LBP for 2+ years, and well, we know how that is turning out. Software sales is where it's at, and the PS3 can't compete with 360 software sales. So, great line-up, but will people buy these games?

axumblade said:
selnor said:
axumblade said:
selnor said:
axumblade said:
selnor said:
FPSrules said:
Neoraf said:

Sony's lineup for 2009

1. Killzone 2

2. God of War 3

3. Infamous

4. MAG

5. Uncharted 2

6. Rachet and Clank

7. Jak and Daxter

8. Gran Turismo 5

10. Wardevil

12. Twisted Metal

14. Heavy Rain

16. DC universe

18. Yazuka 3

lets see

Grand Theft Auto 4 (DLC doesn't count as a new game. especially if it's not out yet)
1. Gears 2 (I'll give its inevitable PC release a benefit of a doubt
Fallout 3(DLC does not count as a new game...again)
2. Braid (Possibly still a timed exclusive)
Rock Band 2
Prince of Persia
Street Fighter 2 HD
3. Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 (ignores likely pc release as well)
Portal: Still Alive (I don't count new content as a new game)
4. Rez HD
5. Fable 2 (I'll ignore this ones inevitable PC release as well)
Dead Space
Left 4 Dead
NHL 09
6. Ikaruga
FIFA 09
GRID

I only count 6...

On the other hand, while looking at metacritic, I also noticed that 85 is a great number for Microsoft to start at cause...extending it down to 80 and up...we'll see...

13 for the 360.

7. Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise
8. Castle Crashers
9. Naruto: The Broken Bond
10. Tales of Versperia
11. Ninja Gaiden II
12. Poker Smash
13. A Kingdom for Keflings (which doesn't have many ratings so i could see it dropping off)

13 for the PS3 considering that I'll take out Pixeljunk Monsters Encore and Metal Gear Solid Online...

1. LittleBigPlanet
2. Metal Gear Solid 4
3. Wipeout HD
4. Resistance 2
5. Valkyria Chronicles
6. PixelJunk Monsters
7. Everyday Shooter
8. Singstar
9. Metal Gear Online
10. PixelJunk Monsters Encore
9. Hot Shots Golf
10. Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
11. Echochrome
12. Buzz Quiz TV
13. Pixel Junk Eden.

Oh Wow. Things randomly evened out. Who would have thought Sony could catch up with just 5 extra points. thank you.

Major fall off my chair LOL. You lower the score to try and save the PS3. LOL

Yet you still fail.

360 2008 releases that score higher than 80.

Gears 2

Fallout 3

Braid

Geometry Wars 2

Portal Still Alive

Rez HD

Fable 2

Left 4 Dead

Ikaruga

N+

Viva Piniata 2

Tales Of Vesperia

Ninja Gaiden 2

Bully Scholarship Edition

Duke Nukem 3D

A Kingdom Of Keflings

Poker Smash

Naruto The Broken Bond

Castle Crashers

Well I count 19.

So 19 360 games 2008 release over 80 metacritic.

And I agree with your 13 PS3 games over 80 metacritic.

Why did you make me own you.

LOL at your it's on PC to. Guess what COD 4 is on PC do you know how many it's sold compared to 360? LOL If it's console exclusive it serves a major purpose in bringing people to the 360. I guarantee that 90% of gamers do not build gaming PC's. Sales of similar games on console and PC shows my point.

So keep living in dream land buddy. I'll stay here in reality.

Most of those games you mentioned aren't even exclusives. X_x But I suppose it's nice living in a delusional world.

Instead of complaining show me in metacritic any of those games on PS3 ? Hmmmm? Link??????????????/

None of those games are on Metacritic for PS3 at all. I checked by viewing alphabetically. So please show me I'm wrong.

Also I edit my previous post.

SO MUCH fail

multiplatform titles as exclusives?! god I LOLED