By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 1UP reviews Persona 4

And despite minor problems here and there -- slight loading issues and a few dead periods while you're waiting for the plot to advance -- I've got very few qualms with how Persona 4 unfolds. In fact, my biggest concern isn't actually related to anything in the game. Nope, it's the inevitable message-board flame wars the Persona 3/Persona 4 rivalry's sure to inspire among the hardcore fandom. See, great as Persona 4 may be, some players will doubtlessly prefer its predecessor. Really, they're both incredible games, so it all boils down to what you're looking for. Would you like one single, seemingly never-ending labyrinth, or do you want a little more variety in your dungeon crawling? Do you prefer Persona 3's stylish big-city protagonists, or Persona 4's more down-to-earth crew?

But before that gaming holy war breaks out in earnest, here's something everyone can agree on: Persona offers some of this decade's finest RPG epics. If you're a role-playing freak who somehow still hasn't given this series a shot, I got news for ya, buddy: I'm comin' to take your nerd card.

Score: A+/A+

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3171567

Other reviews:

Gamepro review: 5/5

Gamervision review:10/10

Gamertell Review: 99/100

RPGFan import review: 94/100

Gamerzone review: 8.7/10

Around the Network

Impressive score

Its funny how people keep saying "western reviewers give BAD reviews to JRPG/SRPG's" (IU, TOV, TLR) yet then Valkyria Chornicles n PErsona 4 manage to get brilliant reviews....

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Its funny how people keep saying "western reviewers give BAD reviews to JRPG/SRPG's" (IU, TOV, TLR) yet then Valkyria Chornicles n PErsona 4 manage to get brilliant reviews....

I know right. I guess it'll be my last game this christmas, i'll have to check if it works with ps3 though.

Who didn't expect this? Especially after having P3 as the best RPG of last year.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Yeah!!!
It looks like it will be even better than the masterpiece P3 was. Oh, man, Atlus is simply amazing. They're simply genius. I knew I was right in making this my most anticipated game of the year. I can't wait to play it

Whoa JRPG of the year? I never expected that =p.

Yay Persona 4 will be epic! Patiently waiting for my preorder to ship. Amazon hurry up. Luckily my 60gb will play any disc with the PS logo on it lol

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

I added two more reviews there. Can't wait for next week. Stupid final exams will get in my way.

darthdevidem01 said:

Very good point. IU and TLR must not be that good

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler