By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 1UP reviews Persona 4

Riachu said:
Torillian said:
Very happy to see this is doing well. I honestly thought that the annoying voice of one of the main characters was going to hold it back. I'm torn between reading all these reviews for as much information as possible and not reading a damn thing in order to keep it a surprise.

If you are referring to Teddie, his voice was only annoying in the Japanese version.  1UP even said that his English voice was good.

No, I think he's referring to Chie. Whose voice does suck, according to everyone, including me, that watched any trailer of the game . But apparently it's not too detrimental to the game

Around the Network

JRPG of the year, a ps2 game =D

i am have to finish persona 3 still but LBP it's taking all my time.

i am getting r2 next week X.x

Riachu said:

If you are referring to Teddie, his voice was only annoying in the Japanese version.  1UP even said that his English voice was good.

I actually like Teddie´s japanese voice.

Nice to see Persona 4 score so high so far.  Should be even better than Persona 3 and that´s already very hard top. Most likely consecutive RPG of the year for the series and Atlus.

zexen_lowe said:
Riachu said:
Torillian said:
Very happy to see this is doing well. I honestly thought that the annoying voice of one of the main characters was going to hold it back. I'm torn between reading all these reviews for as much information as possible and not reading a damn thing in order to keep it a surprise.

No, I think he's referring to Chie. Whose voice does suck, according to everyone, including me, that watched any trailer of the game . But apparently it's not too detrimental to the game

You are correct sir.  Doesn't affect my desire for this game, which is overwhelming.  Gonna be awesome.

Can this be a GOTY candidate? Will lol if so, PS2 = God confirmed?

Around the Network

I made another thread. Comment on it. I'll update it later. I'm in class :(

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51260&page=1

darthdevidem01 said:
Its funny how people keep saying "western reviewers give BAD reviews to JRPG/SRPG's" (IU, TOV, TLR) yet then Valkyria Chornicles n PErsona 4 manage to get brilliant reviews....

That's because VC is more western then every other SRPG in existance and Persona has always been a token favorite.

konnichiwa said:
Pristine20 said:
Cougarman said:
great score, i think i will get this game, my PS2 has not seen a new game since god of war 2.

i only played parts of persona 2, do i have to play persona 3 to understand this game? or i can just start with persona 4?

No you don't. Each Persona game stands on its own. I hear it's 10 years after P3 or something like that but I'm sure you don't need to play P3 first. I'll advise you to play P3 anyway. You missed out on an excellent game! The only SMT games that were ever really related were DDS1 and 2

Damned do I love those games...

Any SMT fan who haves some news about their next project?  I knew that in 05 they said that their will be a PS3 game from them but still no word X_X.

Yeah i know.  A few PS3 games like that are in limbo i want. 

Pristine20 said:
Cougarman said:
great score, i think i will get this game, my PS2 has not seen a new game since god of war 2.

i only played parts of persona 2, do i have to play persona 3 to understand this game? or i can just start with persona 4?

No you don't. Each Persona game stands on its own. I hear it's 10 years after P3 or something like that but I'm sure you don't need to play P3 first. I'll advise you to play P3 anyway. You missed out on an excellent game! The only SMT games that were ever really related were DDS1 and 2

thanks, i will also get P3 also just not to feel little left out

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

I was gonna buy this anyway, so this is just icing on the cake