By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Finally played Wii Music, went in wanting to hate this game...

Yeah, I borderline love the game. I think the drumming is fantastic, and in general its just a lot of fun.

Its much, much closer to the 1UP 9/10 than the IGN (insane) 5/10.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

Well I decided not to buy the game because of all the bad reviews etc. My reference review site (Gamekult.com) gave it 3/10. But all those musicians saying the game is actually quite good, and word of mouth being mainly positive, I'm really not sure of anything.

I definitely have to try the game myself.

Well I went along with so many reviews I saw and just the way they described the game made it sound horrible, so of course I didn't want it, then I heard good things from users here, and I said oh then it's most likely a game that only a few people would really like, then my 360 fanboy coworker told me he bought it for his girlfriend and started playing it and loved it, at first I thought he was joking, then he kept bugging me about trying it, so I did and he was right it is good.

So there you have it even HD console fanboys would love this game if they would even try it.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Ah, it gladdens my heart every time I see people realize that Wii Music isn't the anti-christ. Can't wait to see Wii Music's software sales this week.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I haven't had any issues with the motion sensing in this game, and it's hard to imagine anyone having thrown their wiimotes around more than my trio of kids have.

If anything, the super spot on motion sensing is making it harder for me to play, as it picks up all sorts of things that maybe I didn't really mean to do.

I am also happy to see people picking this game up and seeing for themselves what it is about. If you love music you'll love this game, as simple as that.

And for the song selection, I have played this game for a long time, and still have only played a few of the songs on offer, so there are plenty of options for me in the current selection, also the simple well know songs are excellent for when you play with others since everyone knows the song very well and it makes it easier to improvise and play off each other.

The reviews of this game, most of them missed the entire point of the game, don't pass up this gem because some mag didn't understand it!

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Well I went along with so many reviews I saw and just the way they described the game made it sound horrible, so of course I didn't want it, then I heard good things from users here, and I said oh then it's most likely a game that only a few people would really like, then my 360 fanboy coworker told me he bought it for his girlfriend and started playing it and loved it, at first I thought he was joking, then he kept bugging me about trying it, so I did and he was right it is good.

So there you have it even HD console fanboys would love this game if they would even try it.

Hence the grammatically incorrect tag in my signature.

hehe maxwell that would make two of us ^_^

I love music also..and damn..as expected..Nintendo did it again

no money though :P

Gaah I have money.... but I shouldn't really spend it, blasted student debts.

Glad to hear you're liking the game, Maxwell!

Forgive the shameless plug, but if you should feel so inclined, we have a thread where you can share your Wii Music videos: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=46691.

glad at least some people buy it. then again the only reason i would buy this game would be to pla the zelda theme and i can already do that on a real instrument

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia