By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Finally played Wii Music, went in wanting to hate this game...

But ended up really liking it, it's creative, it's silly at times, and most of all it's very fun.  There is no "glorified noise maker" here folks if it starts playing noise you're doing something wrong like pressing random buttons, you do need to know how to keep a beat at the very least, and have a creative bone in your body to play though.

Being a music major myself I do judge music games on how true the games are to really playing music or at least teaching something about music.  I do love just about any music game don't get me wrong but I went into guitar hero thinking of how that game could translate into people learning about music and other then maybe tempo it doesn't really do much and have heard from some other (real) guitar players they ended up trying to play some of the guitar hero songs on their guitars and ended up messing up cause the notes are off.  I went into Wii Music thinking about this and it has to be the best game for music creativity I've ever played and something to just have fun with, it really does teach tempo to you, how to keep a beat, and then how different styles work in music. 

Simply put it's a blast and if you're a music lover pick it up it's got something in there for you.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

@Rol
NEVAR! Wii Music is more of a game then other music games could hope to be =D

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Good for you. I really like the game too.

It's just the song selection (which makes it clear that the game is aimed at five year olds) and unresponsive controls for anything that requires motion sensing (drumming is God awful) that ruined it for me.

It's a good concept that suffers from poor execution.

I love Wii Music too. More than anything, I love the feeling this game gives you while you're playing. You certainly feel like a far more accomplished musician than you are. That, and I love drum mode. I'm learning how to keep a beat and it's so much tougher than I thought. For me, it's about self-improvement and I guess that just doesn't sit right with some people.

Around the Network

@OkeyDokey
You sure you didn't drop one of your controllers or something? I mean mine seems to work perfectly every time I do the motion it works. I have heard of people dropping their controllers and the motion sensor inside will break or not read movements very well.

MaxwellGT2000 said:
@OkeyDokey
You sure you didn't drop one of your controllers or something? I mean mine seems to work perfectly every time I do the motion it works. I have heard of people dropping their controllers and the motion sensor inside will break or not read movements very well.

Oh, my Wiimotes have gone flying out of the hands of morons many times :P
But my assessment was based on 45 minutes of play on someone elses console, so... *shrugs*

Ah well I don't know what to really tell you I was keeping a good beat and playing pretty well on drums, though I have to say my favorite instruments are the wind section and guitars. Drums are fun and I'll see if it screws up on me but so far it has not. I remember a lot of people telling me the motion controls being messed up in some games and it turned out to be they were not doing the motions right... it's only a guess though I have no idea why your experience is different.

I'll have to rent this game and really see for myself but so far this thread only strengthens my argument that it's great for the musically inclined like MaxwellGT2000 and a noise maker for those that aren't like OkeyDokey (and feel free to correct that assumption if it's wrong Okey).

I always thought it would do well - 2-5m but not achieve the Wii Fit type sales that people on this site (lovers and haters equally) automatically assumed it would.

Glad you're liking it MaxwellGT2000!   Keep spreading the word.

@Maxwell: That's because OkeyDokey can't play it. I remember the broken drumset my friend had 15 years ago, the drumset was broken for it was impossible to keep the beat. And my friend just proved me being right.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.