By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Post your random facts

I like eggs!!

Around the Network

^^ LIAR.... we all know you hate eggs, do you really think this sudden egg love will fool us ???

In other news...

Every year the moon rotates a little farther away from the earth, in a hundred years there will be no more full solar eclipses, then some day it will just float away leaving us with no more flood and tide and nothing for dogs and coyotes to howl at...

which is ok since the earth is turning slower and slower every year.. in some thousand (or more who knows) years the earth will stop turning so one side will be dark and frozen forever while the other will burn...

which is ok since by then the sun should run out of energy and turn into a supernova destroying our entire solarsystem...

which is ok since it will take the blast from the sun about ten minutes to get here...

so everything will be just fine

El Duderino said:

^^ LIAR.... we all know you hate eggs, do you really think this sudden egg love will fool us ???

In other news...

Every year the moon rotates a little farther away from the earth, in a hundred years there will be no more full solar eclipses, then some day it will just float away leaving us with no more flood and tide and nothing for dogs and coyotes to howl at...

which is ok since the earth is turning slower and slower every year.. in some thousand (or more who knows) years the earth will stop turning so one side will be dark and frozen forever while the other will burn...

which is ok since by then the sun should run out of energy and turn into a supernova destroying our entire solarsystem...

which is ok since it will take the blast from the sun about ten minutes to get here...

so everything will be just fine

Hahaha-

Fact: El Duderino should cut back on Coffee or atleast stick to Decaf

Mexico city sinks 10 inches every year

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Here are some more facts from the man....WITH THE FACTS! Hopefully I'm not recycling stuff, I can't even keep track anymore...

Before Prohibition, America had over 1600 breweries. After Prohibition ended, there were less than 200.

More than 50% of Iraqi adults smoke.

(Holy crap it is getting really hard to find any more facts, bare with me)

Kool-Aid was invented in Nebraska.

Florida is expected to pass the population of New York by 2011.

Washington state's population will pass Massachusetts by 2015.

Montana's population will reach the 1 million mark by 2015.

Georgia's population will pass Michigan in size before the end of 2020.

The South will rise again and consume America. Northeast Liberals, run for your lives. This is a warning from a Rocky Mountains guy.

The fastest growing North East state is New Hampshire. The slowest is New York.

The worst reviewed cartoon movie is Yu-Gi-Oh: The Movie.

According to Rotten Tomatoes, George Harrison (The Beatle), is one of the best actors of all time, starring in 3 different movies that got 100% on the Tomato Meter and having a rating of 79% over 8 movies.

I think that's about enough for now.

I'm currently in an alcohol education class, so I'm making sure to learn all the alcohol facts that make the instructors blood boil (he really needs a drink)

It was the accepted practice in Babylon 4,000 years ago that for a month after the wedding, the bride's father would supply his son-in law with all the mead he could drink. Mead is a honey beer, and because their calendar was lunar based, this period was called the "honey month", or what we know today as the "honeymoon".

There are 19 different versions of Guinness.

According to a diary entry from a passenger on the Mayflower, the pilgrims made their landing at Plymouth Rock, rather than continue to their destination in Virginia, due to lack of beer.

A barrel contains 31 gallons of beer. What Americans commonly refer to as a keg is actually 15.5 gallons, or a half-barrel.

The first beer cans were produced in 1935.

Before thermometers were invented, brewers would dip a thumb or finger into the mix to find the right temperature for adding yeast. Too cold, and the yeast wouldn't grow. Too hot, and the yeast would die. This thumb in the beer is where "rule of thumb" comes from.

In 1788, Ale was proclaimed "the proper drink for Americans" at a parade in New York City.

In English pubs, ale is ordered by pints and quarts. So in old England, when customers got unruly, the bartender would yell at them to mind their own pints and quarts and settle down. It's where we get the phrase "mind your P's and Q's".

After consuming a bucket or two of vibrant brew they called aul, or ale, the Vikings would head fearlessly into battle, often without armor or even shirts. In fact, "berserk" means "bare shirt" in Norse, and eventually took on the meaning of their wild battles. (They were also tripping on mushrooms)

12 oz of a typical American pale lager actually has fewer calories than 2 percent milk or apple juice.

In 1963, Jim Whitaker became the first American to reach the summit of Mt. Everest. A can of Seattle's own Rainier Beer made the ascent with him.

"Suck on it" -vgchartz mod

Around the Network

Nice facts, thank you for contributing.

Here are a few random laws.

In California:

Animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.

It is a misdemeanor to shoot at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless the target is a whale

Women may not drive in a house coat.

No vehicle without a driver may exceed 60 miles per hour.

In Washington (state):

All lollipops are banned.

It is illegal to paint polka dots on the American flag.

People may not buy a mattress on Sunday.

It is illegal to pretend that one's parents are rich.

You are not allowed to breastfeed in public

When two trains come to a crossing, neither shall go until the other has passed.

hitoriki said:
the only country that it has invaded the united states is méxico.

Not true. England invaded America during the War of 1812 (obvious one) and Japan invaded the Aleutian Islands in Alaska in World War 2 (lesser known fact).

4 of the top 10 greatest songs (according to Rolling Stone magazine) were made by black artists.

Roger Moore is the Bond actor who starred in the most James Bond movies.

Citizen Kane has been named the best movie twice in a row by the American film institute.

According to the American Film Institute, the greatest movie villain of all time is Hannibal Lecter (well, I can't argue with that). The greatest movie hero is Atticus Finch, a character in To Kill a Mockingbird, the film adaptation of the acclaimed novel.

If I recited a list of the 100 greatest movies according to AFI, the average person wouldn't know what at least 75% of the films are.

Oh god, I can't think of any more facts, must rest and soak info. 

Human Civilization is currently Type 0.

The chances of humanity moving to a Type 1 while remaining on a single planet (earth) are slim to none.

IF the earth is ever a continuous city (no non-developed land left) it is predicted to be about a .9 civilization.

The current maximum theoretical civilization is a type 4 civilization that harnesses the energy of the Universe (as we know it now).

-----

The Death Star represents enough power to completely obliterate a Type 1 civilization. The Sun Crusher (in the Star Wars Extended Universe) represents enough power to destroy a Type 2 Civilization. This puts the Empire as being between a type 2 and a type 3 civilization (between utilizing the energy of a solar system and a galaxy).

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

Spanish and Italian are the same language.