By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Post your random facts

Fuzzmosis said:
Yukon Territory is not a province, and Nunavit has fewer people if we count territories.

Thus, the next fact: Most Americans know next to nothing about their irrelevant neighbour to the north.

New Brunswick is the only province that is entirely bilingual.

There were/are anti English violence acts in Quebec.

In 2003, The Canadian government spent 2,120 per person on Health care. The American government, 2,724. Yet Canada is somehow mocked for it's socialized medicine, despite a government spending less than a "Capitalist" one and getting much much more from it.

The legal drinking age in Canada is 18 in Quebec and Alberta, and 19 everywhere else.

Approx. 1/3 of the entire world's oil reserves are in Alberta and Saskatchewan.

You mean Santa? He's not irrelevant if you're good!

Around the Network

I found out the shocking secret about Santa long ago...

Come on people, keep this going!

By 2015, then 3 highest earning movie series will be in this order...

1. Harry Potter

2. James Bond

3. Star Wars

There needs to be a bump button, I'm pretty much talking to myself at this point.

This thread may be dying.

Around the Network

Malta is the only country in the world were gamers are Sony biased. I only ONCE saw an 8 year old buy pokemon emerald for the GBA. So much so that only one shop has Wii games [only 4] and no shop sells Wii hardware.

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers

The character Boris Badenov "bad enough" from Rocky & Bullwinkle is a pun of the name of the 16th-century Russian Tsar Boris Godunov "good enough".

-Manella: Yeah... sux0rz! I hate missing out on food...
-Maya: Nick... what does "Sucksores" mean?
-Phoenix: No idea...

Androo said:
Malta is the only country in the world were gamers are Sony biased. I only ONCE saw an 8 year old buy pokemon emerald for the GBA. So much so that only one shop has Wii games [only 4] and no shop sells Wii hardware.

What's it like in Malta...Considering the population is only 400,000?

The largest carnivorous dinosaur was the Gigantosaurus.

Apples contain caffeine.

Uranus has 11 rings.

Sometimes, Neptune is closer to the sun than Pluto.

Water boils quicker the higher you are from sea level.

You can tell the age of a tree by counting its rings.

The Blue Whale's tongue weighs as much as an elephant.

Some times, Neptune is closer to the sun than Pluto.

Wow I never knew that! I always thought Pluto was close than Neptune 100% of the time but that fact BLEW my mind.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you