By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf revealed for 360/PS3

With all the good things that have been said about the original PC game hopefully a lot of it rubs off on this game.

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=57896

Posted on Saturday, November 29 @ 11:17:12 PST

"The Witcher is an action RPG incorporating a simple-yet-interesting game system, along with a complex plot and attractive 3D graphics. Already on the PC for over a year, with an enhanced edition released a few months ago, the console version will features a new engine/combat system, new animations/models/vegetation, dynamic lighting/shadows, achievements/trophies, sixaxxis support, new and more aggressive enemy behavior, full character control with optimized console controls."

Around the Network

Easily the best RPG of 2007 (and won the most awards too), this will be a great chance for PS3/360 gamers that couldn't get the $40 PC Version.

Hey hey! on consoles! and both of them too! I love the book, I'll buy the game!

This should be nice.

4 ≈ One

PC version will be the best anyways. This is how things work with modern WRPGs, them truly shine through mods, sadly it's impossible to untap their potential on consoles.

Around the Network

I don't say that often, but I thought that game was shit. One of the worst games I played this year (yes it has even beaten Hour of Victory for this title)

shio said:
Easily the best RPG of 2007

Yeah, if you don't count Persona 3

Anyways, The Witcher is a good RPG, not amazing by any means, but still worth a look, so those with 360 and PS3 should try it

MDMAniac said:

PC version will be the best anyways. This is how things work with modern WRPGs, them truly shine through mods, sadly it's impossible to untap their potential on consoles.

Sorry but a game that shines through mods is pathetic. The Witcher was great and it didn´t need any mods to be good. CD Projekt has done a great work so far treating their community and through their forums it looks like they treat both PC and consoles equally (unlike some of their forums members). I´m 100% sure they did a great job with the action-mapping on controllers so the game will be fully enjoyable.

I have it for PC. I haven't played it yet. I will decide which version I want to play when more info becomes available.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I didnt mind it on the pc. I always thought it would play better on the 360/ps3.

You wanna have your opinion, then you have to respect different opinions as well.