By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Xbox360 will outsell PS3 HW by more than 350k this week WW.

I don't think so. I'd say around 250k. It's never won a week by 350k before.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

I predict like 300k but anything can happen.

360 will win this week by 250k, 350k is too much. But anyway, the 360 is going to win this year (or at least a draw) over the PS3. That is something most of the users here wouldn't have expected.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

It will be really interesting this week.

Black friday in Us.
In Others all consoles sell really good.
In Japan How much can ps3 get a boost from Pes09.

I think 350k might be a bit too much, but 250-300k is very possible.

Around the Network

I think the 360 will sell well this week but i still think it will be a week the Wii posts huge numbers too. Here in UK the PS3 has been given a mini price cut in various stores to help sell but simply nobody wants them. Even blockbuster have a good deal going where you can get one for like £250 with 1 game and 5 Blu-Ray discs. But they are just not selling. So while the price is obviously a big factor i think it is more down to it's reputation is crap really and that is what is putting the pain on it. Blu-Ray to majority of people means nothing, i remember going into PC World a few months back and there was an assistant showing this old guy a plasma tv and had a Blu-Ray disc on. He was saying how amazing it was etc.. the old guy turned and said "looks the same to me". And that in my view is the problem. Only us little electronics geeks really see the difference because we really badly want to believe we have just spent loads of money on something actually worth it!
So i think 360 will post good numbers but the gap maybe less then 200k this week. However reading those stories about people getting trampled on for 360's has to be a 1st for me...

388,000 advantage for the 360 ww, 200,000+ in the americas and 150,000+ in others

it will certainly > 200K, maybe 250-275K, but anything can happen.

http://www.n4g.com/xbox360/News-237899.aspx

I'm wondering how the PS2 managed to sell this Black Friday, did the cheap Arcade affect its sales at all?

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger