By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Xbox360 will outsell PS3 HW by more than 350k this week WW.

There are just far more black friday xbox360 deals than PS3 deals. The gap between Xbox360 and PS3 this week will be huge, espeically in North America. The only thing that can hitch my prediction is Sony's new marketing campaign (which has been airing alot), but I doubt it'll make that big of a difference. Who's with me?

Around the Network

You might be right, but I also can't help but think that maybe people were holding out for a deal on the PS3 this week. Seeing as how the 360 is so cheap normally, it might not be seen as that much better of a deal.

But then again, it is so cheap, and that can be too hard to ignore.

I am going to go with 300k. I don't think the lead will increase in Others, especially with Resistance 2 just releasing. And Japan should see a 360 decrease and small PS3 increase, but that's barely a factor.

Don't count on it. If black friday happened all over the world then I'd say it's a lock. As it stands now though, I'd say 250-275k is more likely going off last weeks 195k difference.

And no, Sony showing random game and movie images on peoples shirts won't make much of a difference in the next month.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

Have to agree with you here, price is really holding PS3 back and nothing Sony can do. Cant blame then though, if I ran a business I would want to many money before market share during rough times. of course the ideal situation would be having both but that's not happening any time soon.

PS3 will sale the worst this holiday season. economic crisis will affect a lot, and it has the biggest price. many people will chose 360 :)

Around the Network

I can't say, but it does look like Black Friday will be bigger this year due to people absolutely needing the discounts more than ever. I hate these next week specific predictions but it doesn't sound too far fetched to me.

Tease.

This is the first time when the 360 is such in high demand, NA will be huge. I predict over 700k ww for the xbox360 this week. The PS3 will be lucky to get to 400k.

Wiifit and blue-ray and HDTV are also big winners as well.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

And it's all due to the low price of the arcade. Just imagine what a 150$/200$ arcade/premium price point will do. It will put the PS2 to rest once and for all.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

The harder working company should naturally win. MS has been doing a lot this generation to promote the 360. Price cuts, games included, and acceptable marketing. On the other hand, Sony hasn't have a price cut for a long time, and they've reduced functionality on their console (PS2, USB ports, etc), plus they charge 100$ for 80GB+1 year old game uncharted.

I'm gonna say 290k