By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. only good for Multiplayer? Not anymore! (56K warning)

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/modea02.html

That's the link to the actual update, the video is at the bottom of the page.

Why I thought it would get delayed, (same reason why I picked my PS3 first 3rd party to sell a million btw) is because they update something atleast once a week if not everyday, but never show off anything special or even details. Kinda like the "look at the way the pavement shimmers in GTAVI" type updates we were getting.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

I'm sorry you feel that way...that's definitely not the way we Super Smash Bros fans feel.

Super Smash Bros NEEDS the old characters along with new ones. We WANT to see Mario and Link and Samus again, similar as before, but indeed, shinier, prettier, and perhaps a little bit different. This game is a lot about fan service, but as today's update shows, bringing in new people's interest as well.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Has there been any other game ever with every-weekday-updates online?

Maybe this marks a change in the way Nintendo releases game details...

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Around the Network

I think Melee had the same treatment...only it was through game sites like IGN I believe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

I mean...there's 50 pages of screenshots of Melee on IGN.

Also...they're pretty crappy screenshots hehe. I wonder how much better this game will look and feel in motion....I can't wait for gameplay impressions later this year.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

I've never cared for SSB series, but with the inclusion of Ike from Fire Emblem 9 & 10 as well as this single player mode, I may have to bite the bullet. ~_~

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

wait... I thought it is illegal to stuff so much goodness into a single title?

vanguardian1 said:
I've never cared for SSB series, but with the inclusion of Ike from Fire Emblem 9 & 10 as well as this single player mode, I may have to bite the bullet. ~_~

That was my purpose in posting this in a seperate topic, rather than just letting it get lost in the mass of weekday updates on that topic.  There are a lot of people out there who avoid Smash because they see it solely as a multiplayer experience, but this could really bring some more core players to smash who have avoided it due to a lack of robust single-player gameplay.