By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - sale at my walmart

Maynard_Tool said:
bigjon said:
like I was saying, and not doupting the Sales info he is giving, it could be a local trend. What I am calling him out on is the 199.99 thing and now he is saying his store is a freaking small.... again does not compute... so u had like over 80 wiis, 450 ds? 70 360s, and whatnot, again does not compute.

How can a wal mart be small??? O.o

Actually there are some fairly small walmarts, about the same size as a grocery store.  I spent a summer doing field work out of Gunnison, CO and they had one.  It also closed at 9PM which I also thought weird.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

Around the Network
smallflyingtaco said:
Maynard_Tool said:
bigjon said:
like I was saying, and not doupting the Sales info he is giving, it could be a local trend. What I am calling him out on is the 199.99 thing and now he is saying his store is a freaking small.... again does not compute... so u had like over 80 wiis, 450 ds? 70 360s, and whatnot, again does not compute.

Actually there are some fairly small walmarts, about the same size as a grocery store.  I spent a summer doing field work out of Gunnison, CO and they had one.  It also closed at 9PM which I also thought weird.

Wow i have never seen that, not even in Mexico O.o

Maynard_Tool said:
smallflyingtaco said:
Maynard_Tool said:
bigjon said:

Wow i have never seen that, not even in Mexico O.o

typically the smaller walmarts are all promo stores which means we get specialty products that no other stores get to try to see if the customer base is willing to by a product or not. Typically we are trial and error stores.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

O.o i just learned something new

leo-j said:
How did little big planet do?

Phenominally. My store sold out.

We also sold out of almost every piece of gaming hardware we had. All we have left is 1 Lego Batman PS2 bundle.

Call of Duty: WaW is selling great. R2 alright, MS:PR terribly, GTA 4 actually did pretty bad too (but I live in a very conservative area of the US), Wii music did terrible, GH:WT bundles and RB2 are almost all gone (all platforms).

Sold out of NCAA Football 09.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

90 Arcades is without question not a typical Wal-Mart especially so if it is small like you say. I have no reason not to believe the OP figures, but then again these are not going to be clearly reflected come NPD. They may however be typical for the area perhaps. You can read reports on the net that many Wal-Marts got between 16-32 Arcades bundles. You can add onto that some additional Arcades outside the bundles. The rest should make up pros and some Elites. Now I'm certain some bigger Wal-Marts in large metro areas got much more and perhaps even a smaller Wal-Mart yet in a large metro hub. 70 PS3s again is way, way more than a usual Wal-Mart allotment today or anywhere near sale through rate for that matter.  Although again some of them may have had that sale through rate.  DS and Wii figures are interesting, but again probably not reflective of the country overall today. The Wii price cut is admittedly a little crazy.

outlawauron said:
leo-j said:

We also sold out of almost every piece of gaming hardware we had. All we have left is 1 Lego Batman PS2 bundle.

Call of Duty: WaW is selling great. R2 alright, MS:PR terribly, GTA 4 actually did pretty bad too (but I live in a very conservative area of the US), Wii music did terrible, GH:WT bundles and RB2 are almost all gone (all platforms).

I wonder if GH3 sold better than GH:WT, people were buying the crap out of them everywhere for $50-60 range.

outlawauron said:

How many copies do you have? My local Wal Mart get only 2 copies Anyway the surprise was Lego Indiana Jones on PS3, the game was sold out so quickly. And the sad, sad news .... nobody bought Valkyria Chronicles

Bboid said:
outlawauron said:
leo-j said:

I wonder if GH3 sold better than GH:WT, people were buying the crap out of them everywhere for $50-60 range.

It did. By a mile or two. GH: Aerosmith also sold well at $50-60 for the guitar bundle.

@ alfredo

We had around a dozen, but that and CoD: WaW were the only two big games we sold out on.

Fallout 3 is an absolute bomb. Sold 2 copies the entire day (all platforms)

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

wow ps3 fanboys are reporting ilogical things!! all of a sudden the ps3 sells out but 360 and wii are on high stock lol.

why do you need to lie? there is no way ps3 will sell more than any other console, stop lying. i cant believe what i read