By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

i think 360 have very hard time lately, and now MS prove itself

this is good thing, the demand is high.

Around the Network
Gorgory said:
wow ps3 fanboys are reporting ilogical things!! all of a sudden the ps3 sells out but 360 and wii are on high stock lol.

why do you need to lie? there is no way ps3 will sell more than any other console, stop lying. i cant believe what i read

Want me to take a picture of our stack of wii's?  Granted it will be a picture of the picture on my camera phone.  Why are you so annoyed that every store in the country doesn't conform to how you think the systems are selling?

I would like to see it. Especially, how many you have "up front" instead of in the back. You know, where customers can see them.  It's less impressive when the don't sell sitting away from the customers.

Im sorry but I use to work as dept manager of electronics at walmart(now im over night manager) and I know for a fact that you cant just drop the price of electronics just like that lol it has to be approved by home office first and to say he did it to make space lol makes no sence at all as having 50 wiis like that will sell no problem at all and if he was lacking the space all he would have to do is hold oder for any wiis for how ever long he saw fit to sell them by. IF he did any of what you said then ofcourse home office will find out very soon and not only will he get fired but so will the other co managers(there is usually atleast 2) for letting him price it so. Im sorry but having worked for walmart for over 6 years I know how it works and what you wrote is so full of holes that I cant be true.......having said that you never know......lol

When items are reduced they first must be put to the manager then he has to clear it with people from home office. The exeption to this is display units which we can sell for 10% less or somtimes more depending ,again this has to be approved with managment and is only done if we have no more stock left or are not going to carry those units no more.

Around the Network
alfredofroylan said:
A Wal Mart employee lost his life because a stampee:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/shopping_blog/2008/11/wal-mart-employ.html
Also there was a gunshot at a Toys R' Us store. The Dark side of Black Friday I guess

Dear God, a news story like this deserves it's own thread, this is patheitc, to think people would break down doors and kill a man to get to a deal, it's sick.

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting

shanbcn said:
ssj12 said:
Gobias said:
Paul said:
ssj12 said:
bigjon said:
The Remaining Wii Stock could have something to do with the massive supply surge at all retailers, even the sears my bro works at has been getting good shipments. They are still selling out, it is just not where people are going turboman for them. It takes maybe 2 days to sell a major shipment.

Also, not that I want to doupt SSJ, but I have worked in retail back in the day, and you dont put electronics on clearance for space. Walmart only makes a very slim margin on Wii HW, it was not advertised so it was not a "lure" like the great 360 deals which WERE advertised. Either u are full of BS or your store manager is a dumbass... selling a popular product at a loss to make space??????? Does not compute.

our store manager isnt here, his grandmother died so he is where ever. One of the assistant managers made the decision to sell the Wii at a lower price.

How are you lacking for space if you just cleared out the majority of your stock in one day. You seem like a fibber.

Indeed he is, SSJ12 has lied about numerous things in the past. I'd go so far as to say hes compulsive.

not really, my sources are basically all posters here now a days. Who I wont say but you would be shocked at what positions some of the members of our community holds in the retail and game industries.

PR Managers try to stay on top of whats going to happen but things change. Still we did get an announcement on ICO 3 didnt we, no footage but confirmation of when we will get footage. So really I win.

So when will we get to see Trico?

E3 video and playable demo at TGS, release 2010.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ZenfoldorVGI said:

At my local Wal-Mart, we had 82 PS3's, 90 Wii's, 72 arcades, 40 pros.

Sold all the 360's by lunch. Ended up with aobut 40 PS3's, and of course, no Wii's whatsoever.

As for software, it went about how you'd expect. 360 software flying off shelves, PS3 stuff not moving that well. Still had some LBP copies from before black friday(It's selling like a niche game, I only saw 1 copy sell). Wasn't enough of the big name Wii games to go around(Kart/fit), so the shovelware moved quite a bit. Fallout 3, GTAIV, MGS4 didn't get any bumps, look to have been at least somewhat frontloaded. WaW best selling game on the PS3 by far.

Wii accessories were flying off the shelves. I bet I told 25 people what the hell Wii points were for.

Honestly, I believe the PS3 is gonna have a rude awakening when NPD rolls around. From my experience, the majority of sales at my store were from people who were afraid they weren't gonna be able to get a 360 before christmas. i actually was responsible for a few of those PS3 sales, told folks "PS3 has about the same graphics and games as the 360, it's just more expensive, but has Blu-Ray." /explain what BR is to people, ect, ect.

We had this early morning deal with a 360(pro or arcade, I forget)/guitar hero III and guitar sku for 199. Had like 14 of them, lol, sold out in a few minutes.

Is this anecdotal evidence true, or a lie? Do you ever notice how apparently whatever system a person is a fan of, that whole area around that person is also fans of that particular console.

I don't think we need anecdotal evidence to figure out what happened in the US market today. The Wii60 sold like crackrocks on angeldust. The PS3 is the big question. In all likelyhood it either sold well for a 399 console(less than the 360), or got completely destroyed in an epic wakeup call to Sony.

As for sales, the LBP/R2 legs theory will be put its first test. Other than that, you got the big 6: Gears, Fit, Kart, Duty, Rocktar Hero, Others.

I'll let you decide if my anecdote is real, however if it wasn't, would my predictions likely be wrong. What came first, the chicken or the egg?

sounding good

at my local Mediamarkt Sinterklaas shopping has started.

xbox 360, wii, and ds are being sold the most.

ps3 does good not great. ps2 still selling like its brandnew

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

ssj12 said:
shanbcn said:
ssj12 said:
Gobias said:
Paul said:
ssj12 said:
bigjon said:
The Remaining Wii Stock could have something to do with the massive supply surge at all retailers, even the sears my bro works at has been getting good shipments. They are still selling out, it is just not where people are going turboman for them. It takes maybe 2 days to sell a major shipment.

Also, not that I want to doupt SSJ, but I have worked in retail back in the day, and you dont put electronics on clearance for space. Walmart only makes a very slim margin on Wii HW, it was not advertised so it was not a "lure" like the great 360 deals which WERE advertised. Either u are full of BS or your store manager is a dumbass... selling a popular product at a loss to make space??????? Does not compute.

our store manager isnt here, his grandmother died so he is where ever. One of the assistant managers made the decision to sell the Wii at a lower price.

How are you lacking for space if you just cleared out the majority of your stock in one day. You seem like a fibber.

Indeed he is, SSJ12 has lied about numerous things in the past. I'd go so far as to say hes compulsive.

not really, my sources are basically all posters here now a days. Who I wont say but you would be shocked at what positions some of the members of our community holds in the retail and game industries.

PR Managers try to stay on top of whats going to happen but things change. Still we did get an announcement on ICO 3 didnt we, no footage but confirmation of when we will get footage. So really I win.

So when will we get to see Trico?

E3 video and playable demo at TGS, release 2010.

WTF, 2010? I hope its not fall 2010.