By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart Wii passes 10 Million

Umm...yay?

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Around the Network
Fernando said:
GLoRySoGLoRy said:
casuals love that race wheel. If this game didnt have a wii wheel it wouldnt have sold a million.

Mario Kart DS has sold more than 10 millions... with no wheel included.

Mario Kart D.S. that was a better game.

Snaking was great, casuals cant do those.

I'm getting it for chirstmas :D.
I hope SSBB and SMG pass 10million also.

GLoRySoGLoRy said:
casuals love that race wheel. If this game didnt have a wii wheel it wouldnt have sold a million.

Yeah right... trying to convince yourselves or are really that much of a fanboy?

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

It is indeed doing awesome.

Will it finish in the top 20 best selling single-platform titles ever, after this gen? Easily.

I see the 10th best selling game ever (after this gen is over) being NSMB, or SMW. SMW has 20.61M, NSMB needs 4.5M to beat that.

If no other game than NSMB/Pokemon D/P/Wii Sports/Wii Play/Wii Fit/Nintendogs outsells it this gen, I see it ending in the top 15 (will need to break 17.5M).

Entering the top 10 seems a bit too tough though, as I believe it will need to sell 21M, and not be outsold by any more Wii/DS games (other than the ones listed above) (if it sells 23M, it is pretty much guaranteed)

Edit:

Oh and by region.

Others: Has a change of entering the top 5 best selling games. I doubt it, as it needs to break 10M, and either Wii Play or Brain Training (7.5M now) needs to not do that. 

Top 10 is certain (8 other games this gen won't outsell it, so it only needs 6.75M, which is piece of cake. I believe MKWii will actually beat GTA:SA (8.5M)

Japan: Will end somewhere around spot 45-50 (needs 300K more)

Americas:

Has a decent change at entering the top 20 (3M more would secure that)

Little change at entering top 10 (would need over 10M total, which is very doubtful).

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network
GLoRySoGLoRy said:
Fernando said:
GLoRySoGLoRy said:

And yet over 8M (66%) casuals bought the game (or is the DS, which has 45% females, and 33% over 40 (I believe), more "harcorez" than the Wii?)

Fact is - Mario Kart Wii will outsell any Ps3 + 360 game. Combined multiplatform, or exclusive. MKDS will probably do the same.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Cool and I still haven’t bought it yet, but will soon!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Good for Mario kart Wii. Now more people should register for the mario kart league.

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

Luthor said:
Good for Mario kart Wii. Now more people should register for the mario kart league.

The European League is kinda dead.  If you want to have a proper race experience I suggest you stay up for the American League.  I think you are in France so it is 3am for you but think it is more worth it than the European league which usually has only like 3 racers.  And 3 player racing is not Mario Kart Wii it is Mario Kart Wii Time Trial.

Well deserved 10 million.  Hope Brawl gets there as well as it deserves it more in general although Nintendo did everything they could to mess up the online play.  I think Mario Kart Wii will get to 20 million.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

GLoRySoGLoRy said:
Fernando said:
GLoRySoGLoRy said:

Anyone can do snaking. It's such a stupid and dull move that even my 5 old nephew learned it in about an hour...

I'm still to realise that BS of "snaking is hardcore". No it isn't! It's simply stupid!!!