By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart Wii passes 10 Million

20 million should be guaranteed for MK Wii by Xmas 2009. I would not be surprised if it finished with 25 or 30 million sales ltd by the end of the console generation.

Around the Network
stof said:
That's pretty awesome. Amazing what that game is pulling off. It doesn't seem to be hurt by the ruined battle mode at all (and damn did they ruin it!)

The new team battle mode would have been an excellent addition - if they didn't remove the normal mode that is

Anyway, well done to MK:Wii. Next stop, outselling GT:3

numonex said:

20 million should be guaranteed for MK Wii by Xmas 2009. I would not be surprised if it finished with 25 or 30 million sales ltd by the end of the console generation.

By christmas 09, 20M seems possible, but a tad optimistic.

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=All&game1=Mario+Kart+Wii+-+Wii&reg2=All&game2=&reg3=All&game3=&weeks=40&weekly=1

Assuming it is at 12M by the end of 08, it would need 8M in 2009.

If we assume it sells 3M in the last 12 weeks (looks like it will be at ~ 3.5-4M for this christmas), it will need to sell 5M in the 40 weeks, which is 125K weekly. That is possible, as it has steadily kept 150K +, except for a few weeks this year.

This would, however, mean that MKWii would be charting in the top 10 for almost the entire 2009 as well.

Personally, I think an 80K average is more likely, and a 2.5M christmas, leaving it at ~ 18M by start of 2010.

I agree that 25M-30M actually seems possible, but I would set it a bit lower, as we do not know how well it will do at once it starts getting more competition on the Wii.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

GLoRySoGLoRy said:
Fernando said:
GLoRySoGLoRy said:
casuals love that race wheel. If this game didnt have a wii wheel it wouldnt have sold a million.

Mario Kart DS has sold more than 10 millions... with no wheel included.

Mario Kart D.S. that was a better game.

Snaking was great, casuals cant do those.

You can't play Mario Kart "without snaking".  You can't finish in the top three without you and someone else targeting a person.  I've seen it. 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Lots of people I know who own a Wii bought it for MK Wii. MK Wii is an under rated game by the reviewers and it deserves AAA rating. MK Wii along with SSBB are two of the best online console games of this generation.
10 million in 40 weeks is an amazing sales rate at 125k per week.

Around the Network
stof said:
That's pretty awesome. Amazing what that game is pulling off. It doesn't seem to be hurt by the ruined battle mode at all (and damn did they ruin it!)

The battle mode in MK64 and DD was pretty awful too, though you could at least play fairly with 3 people unlike now.... I think the arenas... with the exception of Delfino Isle or whatever it's called, are all much better than before, and the ability to have 12 players online for them is good, but offline you need 4 people else it is not fun.

Honestly the Battle Mode was only good in the original game. It's kind of a shame.

Everything else in MKWii is superior to all of the others IMHO.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

TWRoO said:
stof said:

The battle mode in MK64 and DD was pretty awful too, though you could at least play fairly with 3 people unlike now.... I think the arenas... with the exception of Delfino Isle or whatever it's called, are all much better than before, and the ability to have 12 players online for them is good, but offline you need 4 people else it is not fun.

Delfino Pier is the name of the course.

I don't really see the problem unless you are 3 people though.

1 person = Couldn't really play Battle before, so it is improved due to online.

2 people = Can play online splitscreen. Most people will find this equal/better than fighting against just each other.

3 people = 2 can play online, with changing 1 person every round, or 3 people offline, but that isn't a lot of fun.

4 people = 4 player offline, should be about as fun as before.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

That's incredible. This game really deserved it though. Easily one of the best multiplayer games on the Wii- single player is great too.

Wow great sales, and i still havent bought MKWii, played it a lot round my friends houses but there are so many games i still have to buy.

This could easily outsell GT3 and it will outsell GT 5 whatever Sony fans will say.